Am I being silly?? Problem with new wheels..

Routledge

Wind Deflector Trend-setter
Reaction score
So I just received my new wheels that I ordered for my 8L S3, and have taken them to the fitters to get fit on my car.

These are the wheels clicky.

$T2eC16VHJHgE9n0yFjo+BQiqSj(Klg~~60_58.JPG

The problem I'm having is that they are 9.5J on the back and 8.5J on the front. They need spigot rings, which I've now ordered..

But on the back they don't actually fit on to the hub! They are fouling on suspension arms in the arch, and already without tyres can see that they'll be poking out by around 0.75in.. Will be made worse if I put spacers on to get them to fit the hub.

Is there a way around this? From whichever way I look it looks like I'll need to swap the 9.5J rears over for 8.5J ones in order to get them on the car.

Thanks in advance for any help!

James

The seller of the alloys, who is trying to do all he can at this stage to prevent having to send out 2x 8.5J alloys and take back the 9.5Js (I think because it's proving difficult to source another set to break up), has said the following:

"The 9.5 only sits 12.7mm closer to the hub and pokes 12.5mm so a spacer will cover the clearance to get the 9.5 on the rear. And rim will sit flush with arch."

I've said I'm prepared to give it a go and asked what spacer I need.

Hmm, he must have used spacers.. And vehicle at standard ride height. Mine's lowered 35mm so wouldn't get them to fit in under the lowered arches, I think..

Also, another reason is the offset may be different. They do look like they're hanging out the side of the arches though.

Rotas are ET38 and yours are ET35, so a 3mm difference, with ET35 being the more preferable of the two

I've just been reading his thread and it appears that he's running the rota drifts with ET38 offset and 20mm spacers. Perhaps I should get 20mm spacers for my ET35 offset and hope for a snug fit without rubbing.

Ah, your post appeared whilst I was typing mine!

I'll order some 20mm spacers now and fingers crossed! :)