EM TuningChris Nott
    Wind Deflector Trend-setter

Status

Am I being silly?? Problem with new wheels..

So I just received my new wheels that I ordered for my 8L S3, and have taken them to the fitters to get fit on my car.

These are the wheels clicky.

The problem I'm having is that they are 9.5J on the back and 8.5J on the front. They need spigot rings, which I've now ordered..

But on the back they don't actually fit on to the hub! They are fouling on suspension arms in the arch, and already without tyres can see that they'll be poking out by around 0.75in.. Will be made worse if I put spacers on to get them to fit the hub.

Is there a way around this? From whichever way I look it looks like I'll need to swap the 9.5J rears over for 8.5J ones in order to get them on the car.

Thanks in advance for any help!

James
    2000 Plate Audi S3 1.8T Santorin Blue - 261.0BHP - 255.1LB/FT on Custom Parsons Performance remap, Forge 007p DV, Red DogBush, Milltek non-res, Lowered 35mm Apex springs, Badger5 TIP/cone filter/heat shield, Powerflex'd, Large FMIC, Relentless Downpipe, Parsons Decat and lots of love.
    On gearbox number 4.
    Further modification to come..

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    The seller of the alloys, who is trying to do all he can at this stage to prevent having to send out 2x 8.5J alloys and take back the 9.5Js (I think because it's proving difficult to source another set to break up), has said the following:

"The 9.5 only sits 12.7mm closer to the hub and pokes 12.5mm so a spacer will cover the clearance to get the 9.5 on the rear. And rim will sit flush with arch."

I've said I'm prepared to give it a go and asked what spacer I need.
    2000 Plate Audi S3 1.8T Santorin Blue - 261.0BHP - 255.1LB/FT on Custom Parsons Performance remap, Forge 007p DV, Red DogBush, Milltek non-res, Lowered 35mm Apex springs, Badger5 TIP/cone filter/heat shield, Powerflex'd, Large FMIC, Relentless Downpipe, Parsons Decat and lots of love.
    On gearbox number 4.

6th Gear

Status
    strange, there are people running Rota Grid Drifts 18" 9.5J ET38 on the rear without any issues.

S3 APY, ROTA Grid drifts.
    Alex S3 AMK
    Bilstein B8s, H&R Springs, Neuspeed ARBs, Genuine 18" BBS LMs & LCR Brembos

Status
    Hmm, he must have used spacers.. And vehicle at standard ride height. Mine's lowered 35mm so wouldn't get them to fit in under the lowered arches, I think..

Also, another reason is the offset may be different. They do look like they're hanging out the side of the arches though.
    On gearbox number 4.

6th Gear

Status
    Rotas are ET38 and yours are ET35, so a 3mm difference, with ET35 being the more preferable of the two
    Alex S3 AMK
    Bilstein B8s, H&R Springs, Neuspeed ARBs, Genuine 18" BBS LMs & LCR Brembos

Status
    I've just been reading his thread and it appears that he's running the rota drifts with ET38 offset and 20mm spacers. Perhaps I should get 20mm spacers for my ET35 offset and hope for a snug fit without rubbing.
    On gearbox number 4.

Status
    Ah, your post appeared whilst I was typing mine!

I'll order some 20mm spacers now and fingers crossed!
    On gearbox number 4.