Blue smoke on idle after new exhaust

carld

Reaction score
Just had a new turbo back exhaust inc decat installed on my tqs and now it pours blue smoke out on idle :/ I'm talking filling half of my street up with smoke.

I've done over 100 miles since its been fitted so I can't see it being anything in the exhaust that just needed burning off because its new. Could it be my turbo oil seals? It also smells very strong of burning plastic/oil

Same thing happened to me last january after fitting a full 3" system and its been smoking since, may be coincidence but think a piston ring or seal is on the way out. Although mine isnt half as bad as yours lol.

id get the turbo checked and a leadown test

For the people about

It smoke only after fitting the new exhaust right? Come to think of it it will most likely be the oil seals in the turbo

This s what happened to a mates MPS and that was the turbo seals due the less back pressure or something like that

Yup like i told you mate, mine only happened after the exhaust was done.

Car pulls strong to red line and doesnt really drink oil. Been like this for 12 months.

Thanks for the replies. Had a few people mention the less back pressure will be the issue on my turbo oil seals. Not really what you want to hear after spending 500 quid on a exhaust lol

Was custom built by mij exhausts. 3" downpipe + decat into a 2.5" cat back.