Interior light problem

S3 chj

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a flashing interior light and the door lights also flash but only when the passenger side door is open, if I open the drivers door or switch the interior light on the light stays on as normal, I have scanned it with vagcom and nothing comes up any ideas where to start looking or what to do ?

Cheers Chris

Last edited:
I haven't checked anything yet I didn't know where to start really, it's strange it flashes on and of slowly like its on a dimmer switch.

Had a further look in to my flashing interior light problem I'm thinking it could be the relay as I can hear it clicking but can't find it, anyone know where they are and what the interior light relay looks like.

Cheers Chris.

Anyone know what number is on the interior light relay ?

Same things been happening to mine over the last week.

I've been thinking it had something to do with the door switch as if i open and slam the passenger door it seems to fix it.

On the other hand it could be that opening the door causes the relay to get out of its loop.

Looking at that thread it seems that i was on the right track with the passenger door switch.

The door switches can be funny sometimes, mine used to do the same, the interior lights would flash on and off after I had locked the doors. The passenger door switch was funny, a few hard door slams would sort. Mine hasn't done it since.
If you look in the door switch you can press the switch with a screw driver to replicate the problem.