did any one used K Seal?

aalsawad

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
Has anybody ever used "K Seal" on Audi engine? I read about it in some forums and most of them said it's great product.
I am thinking to use it to fix the heater matrix instead of opening hole dash as I don't have time or place to do that.

0239 K Seal permanent

I don't think there's any coolant leak repair fluid that is safe over the long term! they're a quick fix if you're selling a shed, but can cause more problems than they fix by blocking narrow waterways ..leading to head gasket failure.

DON'T do it. :end_of_discction:

Thanks guys, it seems so dangerous to use such things for long term. in fact my friend just get the car and it has green coolant "wrong coolant" on the cooling system and that cause to damage the heater matrix, so I was thinking to add k Seal to fix the leak and then drain the green coolant flush the system with water and then add new Audi coolant.

so what you guys think about this plan is it still ^X 10000??

what water ways would be narrow enough to block with k-seal? none that i can think of. its a good product imo, ive used it to 'fix' a heater matrix on a frontera, it worked pretty well to be fair. ive used it in a ****ty mgzr with a head gasket leak, ran fine for several thousand miles, used it in my subaru forester to seal a pin sized hole in the radiator, its been fine for the last 6 months. a lot of people put this stuff in their coolant as a preventative measure, to seal cracks as they happen, and ive never heard of it doing any harm to any engine. obviously its better to fix the problem properly, but these are old cars, and not worth much, so why bother doing a heater matrix when u can use a £10 bottle of k-seal. just my opinion

i use bars leak radiator sealer 135ml on taxi's i work on (fleet of 18), they go for 200K+ miles without a problem, i wouldn't personally use it though. just replace what you know is broken.

I remember removing a gauze filter located in the waterway between the Head & Block in one engine a long time ago! It was clogged up with gunk and had all but stopped coolant circulation! that head had warped and needed skimming. I don't know if Audi engines have such filters, but better safe than sorry.

and for all the claims that it works miracles, I notice you'll only use it on old bangers or fleet vehicles, but not your own multi-thousand pound investments - why is that?

because the boss is a tight **** and won't spend money on the taxi's. on the coaches i just replace what ever needs doing, no temp repair jobs.

as been said i think it could block narrow cooling paths like the cooling vains in the rad.

The stuff congregates in a jelly like state around any restriction, then any rust or debris gets caught on it causing a restricion. I have seen the aftermath of heads and blocks where this has been used and it required the components to be cleaned inside and out to remove any residue..

I did however use some in my dads old Audi 80 to keep it going as the parts were becoming rare, it continued on for a further 6 mnths before I weighed it in and replaced the car.

what water ways would be narrow enough to block with k-seal? none that i can think of. its a good product imo, ive used it to 'fix' a heater matrix on a frontera, it worked pretty well to be fair. ive used it in a ****ty mgzr with a head gasket leak, ran fine for several thousand miles, used it in my subaru forester to seal a pin sized hole in the radiator, its been fine for the last 6 months. a lot of people put this stuff in their coolant as a preventative measure, to seal cracks as they happen, and ive never heard of it doing any harm to any engine. obviously its better to fix the problem properly, but these are old cars, and not worth much, so why bother doing a heater matrix when u can use a £10 bottle of k-seal. just my opinion