T3 Manifold & Downpipe

Sam_

Down under
Reaction score
What are people using? I know there's the TSR one but really I can't devote that much wonga to it right now. Looking at a cast manifold. Does anyone know a decent manifold/downpipe combination that fits RHD Quattro?

This CTS setup is looking to be favourite:
cts-mk1-tt225q-kit.jpg

I've emailed to see if they will sell the wastegate, manifold and downpipe separately.

Any others? I'm fitting it with a standard .82 T3 in, v-band out exhaust housing on a GTX30.

Yeah that's just their generic LHD image.

Did yours fit ok with the correct housing? No other issues? Do you know if they do a v-band downpipe?

CTS build the kit around the T31

Your new GTX turbo runs the same compressor housing as mine, I found that i had to lower the engine in the bay to get the turbo to fit. Not sure if they do it with a V band

We fitted a CTS GT3076r kit to Hollies TT... the downpipe is reduced to 2.5" from the hotside to fit RHD cars and we had to modify it anyway as the fit is quite frankly rubbish... the first DP they sent didn't even come with a boss for the lambda... had to get another and that didn't fit together well either... noting lined up properly...

engine-turbo-dp-side.jpg

turbo-mani-mocked-1.jpg

engine-turbo-mocked-2.jpg

Modified gate pipe...
external-gate-lower-side.jpg

external-gate-modded-3.jpg

More pics and stuff here...

<tuffty/>

Mine fitted fine?

Everything lined up so i don't know what happened with the above?

Bad batch, Different welder, damaged jig, just bad luck i just don't know?

Mine fitted fine?

Everything lined up so i don't know what happened with the above?

Bad batch, Different welder, damaged jig, just bad luck i just don't know?

No idea mate... when we dry fitted both DP's the wastegate would not line up.... too much tension to try and pull it back in square... if we had attempted to muscle it in something would have cracked... there ideally needs to be a flexi in the wastegate pipe but Bill welded in a slipper type joint which helped line it all back up and gave a little movement for when it all expands...

<tuffty/>

CTS product are usually well apreciated around here...

not here.
supplied lines did not fit either. Drain too short, water lines intolerant to heat, intake pipe way too small.... with comedy K&N filter which is breather size not GT3076 turbo size and 4" intake!

A lot of work to rework it into something which fitted...

Pretty dissapointed, enough to never buy another full "kit"... Far better just buying the manifold and making my own... IF I wanted to use that style again.

Not good to hear. Hopefully I can get the same as Andrew's experience and less of yours Bill.

I'm just planning on getting the manifold, downpipe and wastegate setup. Hopefully the downpipe doesn't have issues!

Not good to hear. Hopefully I can get the same as Andrew's experience and less of yours Bill.

I'm just planning on getting the manifold, downpipe and wastegate setup. Hopefully the downpipe doesn't have issues!

I just bought the manifold from CTS (i already had my turbo and WG) as Clay wanted $895 just for the downpipe! So i had a custom downpipe made for £300 and saved some cash...

Blimey, $900 for a downpipe that may or may not fit. I'll see what he comes back with and report back.