Revo SPS

S3_Shaun84

Reaction score
Well firstly im new to the site and yes im not all that clued up.

Has anyone got one got SPS from Revo?

What are your views on it?

What is the diffrence between the sps and having a proper remap?

Can of worms there mate!

Do a search and you'll find loads of posts about the pros and cons of both Revo and other no switchable remaps.

I've got Revo myself, purely for the turn on/off ability plus I can set the timing etc based on the fuel grade.

I had it, its useful and funtional, but a tad of an overkill for the average user.

its hard to know when enough is enough, and if you are getting optimal performance, or pushing it to hard, or in extreme cases being detrimental to performance. More isnt always "more"

ive since changed S3's and changed tuners to a fixed remap and i have never looked back.

Im happy that there isnt high boost this, timing that, to flaff about with.

to me it was a gimmick that wore off.

I can't make my mind up between:-

1).....RevoSPS3
2).....AmD Custom RR Remap

With the RevoSPS3 I like the idea how you can change the fuel programs and how you can do the security thing, but is it what its said to be, and does it give you the same amount of power as a RR Remap?

The RevoSPS3 is £293 incVat.
The AmD RR Remap is £470incVat. on the group buy provideing I book it before the 8th.

I'm swaying towards going for the AmD RR Remap, but if the RevoSPS3 does the job well enough I don't see the point in paying extra for the same power, but I don't mind paying the extra if its worth it?

[ QUOTE ]
does it give you the same amount of power as a RR Remap?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is accepted that the Revo map is more aggressive than most RR remaps, so in theory you will get more power with Revo.

Having said that, the bonus of going the RR route is that the map is unique to your car, any failing components will be spotted, and any extra power is well within it's capabilities.

The problem with Revo is that you may be pushing things beyond the limits of some of the engine components without knowing it, and this will cause problems down the line.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
does it give you the same amount of power as a RR Remap?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is accepted that the Revo map is more aggressive than most RR remaps, so in theory you will get more power with Revo.

Having said that, the bonus of going the RR route is that the map is unique to your car, any failing components will be spotted, and any extra power is well within it's capabilities.

The problem with Revo is that you may be pushing things beyond the limits of some of the engine components without knowing it, and this will cause problems down the line.

[/ QUOTE ]

Id agree with that Revo is more boosty, and feels strong ion the road, but strangely, doesnt very often show it on the rolling road.

Revo always seemed to leave people thinking,, should i have run it in this mode, that mode, dropped the timing back, switched it sooner to adapt etc etc.

S3, TT, and even the development RS4 showed this on various rollers.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my reason for choosing the RR route, as although the engines are all the same, they will perform differently and RR's allows the technicians to see these slight changes and tweak the remap to suit your car.

I think if you are wanting to spend time tinkering with your car to imporove performance then the Revo route might be the one, as you will have this ability, however if you want the 'one stop shop' approach with a remap suited to your car's capabilities, then the RR route is the way to go, and like others, as I've just had mine done by them, I'd suggest AmD - still very happy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Just my thoughts.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Cheers guys I dont think I'll be going the Revo SPS Route as it seems alot to be paying out in one go, I didn't know you needed to buy the software ontop.