JayR & ma S3 (new to your forum!)

northcountryboy

Reaction score
Hey everyone

just came across this site an thought id introduce ma sel! (an ma car)

Am JayR aka Northcountryboy, and yeah u guessed it i live in the north. Inverness specifically haha.

Spec is as follows:

Imola Yellow 1999 S3

18" Split Rims
Lowered 40mm on H&R Springs
Stainless Inlet Manifold
Full Cat Back Stainlee Milltek Exhaust
JVC MP3 Headunit running the standard BOSE amp and sub

Soon to be inducted, chipped and dump valved!

Anyway, nice to be here!!!

some piccys below.

Cheers

JayR /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

51_1_b.jpg

bf_1_b.jpg

04_1_b.jpg

99_1_b.jpg

8c_1_b.jpg

1f_1_b.jpg

Welcome dude /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Nice rims man too.

So you bought it off Ebay then? As the pictures have got the Ebay watermark on them.

Looking good though.

Welcome.

That's not an eBay watermark, it's Photobucket who do picture hosting. Ebay use them but it doesn't mean it's necessarily ebay.

yeah dude, it came through ebay....aint had a chance to take any decent piccys yet but hey ho its a start ya know yoursel.

Very clean car, and love the gloss black bits done in the engine bay, you also have facelift headlamps aswell, good work :thumbdsup:

cheers guys, have had it bout three months now...didnt know the forum existed TBH.

Yeah, the headlamps are Xenon gas discharge jobs, lush at dusk ya know....

Engine Bays a mare to keep clean!

haha

Nice one

JayR

Welcome matey, love the car and sweeet wheels /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Yeah nice car m8, love the engine bay /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Did you buy the car from near Manchester?

Also guys, at the risk of sounding stupid, is it poss you can change to facelift headlights on a pre facelift car without changing the wings?

dave

i sure did buy it from near Manchester...

dont think the wings need changed mate tho i may be wrong.

Cheers

Jay

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the headlamps are Xenon gas discharge jobs, lush at dusk ya know....

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi JayR, Xenons are standard equipment on all Audi S3's bud, but you have the facelift versions fitted onto your car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
I'm curious as to what strut brace you have fitted onto your car though?

Hi there mate, really nice looking car, those wheels look the business. I wish I'd been more adventurous and gone for something like those myself.

I'm in Aberdeen and there is another guy on here with an Imola S3 from Aberdeen too.

I've had mine just a little longer than you and I'm loving the car as I'm sure you are! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

I'm sure you will enjoy the site, there's a wealth of information available and some very knowledgeable people happy to give advice.

smoothy

nice one, am well liking the car an all, altho i daresay ill like it even more after the trip to AMD!......far, but worth it according to those who have had it done!

Jay

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

By the looks of it it's one of those 'Fresh Air' jobbies /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

[ QUOTE ]
smoothy

nice one, am well liking the car an all, altho i daresay ill like it even more after the trip to AMD!......far, but worth it according to those who have had it done!

Jay

[/ QUOTE ]

If I was you I'd be going to Jim at star performance. He's a lot closer to you and from what I here he is the boy as far as Audi's are concerned, also he will map the car with any characteristics you like i.e. smooth power delivery or aggressive boost spike etc. Probably the most performance tuned car on here with a standard KO4 turbo (which used to belong to Ess_Three but is now in the hands of David_R) was mapped and developed at star.

I'm in two minds as to going to star or having mine unichipped by dastec.

People have varying opinions on this but I think it is at least acknowledged that AMD's power at the wheels figures are over estimated!

I certainly wouldn't drive all the way to AMD when Star are that much closer.
Save the fuel /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

yeah, that upper strut brace looks kinda missing...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

By the looks of it it's one of those 'Fresh Air' jobbies /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Stange! Is it possable the earlyer one's didn't have them? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif mine is a 2000 and I have one though! mmm

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Stange! Is it possable the earlyer one's didn't have them? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif mine is a 2000 and I have one though! mmm

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah IIRC the early cars did not come with one.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, my eyes are deceiving me, I have an early 99 S3 which doesn't have a strut brace either, but the pic of his engine bay looked like it had one (I think /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush2.gif .... I will hopefully have one this time next week though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Love your engine bay mods. Any chance of some more (closer) pics to see the detail.

Especially like the engine cover and 'S' detail on the 'bit at the front' (sorry, not mechanically minded at all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif - that's what the garage is for!)

N

noodle, busy as french connection UK this week but will do ma best at some point to get the close up piccys posted.

leave it with me!

jayR