EM TuningAH Fabrications
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Rear adjustable tie rods got to mad not to

King of the Mods. Apparently.

Status

My Social Networking

Visit Reesy's Instagram Channel
    Why not just buy Dave's ones. i have them on my A3 and they are fine. Bought them and they were installed, no other hassle.

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Reesy: Just wanted to check these out to be honest. I'm mostly buying adjustable tie bars because my camber has always been out. I don't plan to track or push the car too hard so I'm happy to test these out and provide opinions on what they are like. Rest assured if they're crap I will be going to S3Dave

Scott: Yeah, they really should be welded up more thoroughly. I'm going to take them up the workshop to be welded and painted - so might not get around to fitting them tonight; but better to be safe that sorry.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by [Dave B] View Post
    If you have an A3 you won't need these. How's that?
    Short and sweet. I like it. Thanks. My next question is why does an A3 not need them? Still curious as to what they do exactly so if anyone can point me in the direction of some required reading it would be much appreciated. I'm a noob and have lots to learn.

6th Gear

Status
    You have a beam on the rear end instead of independant suspension like the S3`s. So you have no rear arb, no tie bars. Just a big old beam lol.

Cactus green 8L S3 - B5 TIP + Jetex, Revised 007p, R32 rear ARB, AP Coilovers, Compbrake rear arms, Full Powerflexed dogbone.

Rrrrrrrr-tech

Status
    As above, unless you have an A3 quattro, the exception that proves the rule!
    > S3 225 (03) - OEM+
    > 205 GTI (90) - Limited Edition Miami Blue with full leather - 1 of only 300 made
    > Clio v6 255 (05) - Lethal Weapon

View: My S3 diary

3rd Gear

Status
    My set of these just arrived too, and I'm quite impressed on first inspection.

The welds referred too above are fine for what they do, which is to stop the bolt that goes into the hex part of the rod from rotating loose. I don't believe they add anything to the strength, as the bolt head takes the load against the mounting bracket, although a 100% weld would have been better from a water ingress point of view. I might spray a bit of stone chip on that bit once fitted.

Mine were lovingly wrapped in lightly oiled cling film, so no surface rust at all.

I shall fit them later in the week, I've got a digital pitch gauge so should be able to get the rear wheel camber reasonably right, and certainly better than it is now!

What should the rear camber setting be, anybody know?
    Audi S3 - 2002MY - Denim Blue

6th Gear

Status
    I've had mine fitted for the last month and they`ve been fine so far. Mine were in decent condition when mine arrived. I ordered them through DPM on ebay.

I set mine roughly to what the standard bar length was and checked it via the spirit level app on the iphone and it came in at 0.9 both sides. Its getting aligned on friday once my coilovers are fitted so i`ll probably go to 1.0 on the rear and 1.5 on the front or however much the standard adjustment gives.

Cactus green 8L S3 - B5 TIP + Jetex, Revised 007p, R32 rear ARB, AP Coilovers, Compbrake rear arms, Full Powerflexed dogbone.

3rd Gear

Status
    Ok, well, welded mine up just to be sure I agree with you Tooks that the end is only to stop the bolt moving, but hey, why not go the whole hog? Also got the inside welded up a bit because to be honest I didn't like how the flanges were done! Also noticed that one of the threads on mine wasn't formed fully and so the nut is a little loose - nothing dangerous, but just an indicator that the quality isn't reaaally the best around

Anyway, pictures below. Didn't have any stainless rod, so I will need to polish and paint these later today!

IMAG0882.jpgIMAG0885.jpg

3rd Gear

Status
    so P1ssed!! iv been keeping an eye out for a set and now they have none left!

Money grabbing s3!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by James TQ View Post
    so P1ssed!! iv been keeping an eye out for a set and now they have none left!
    Yea I noticed the ebay seller hasn't got them listed anymore

Audi s3 goodwood green, BAM, n249 delete, 80mm TIP, s2000 air-filter, new turbo, ap coil overs, lots of poly bushes, 15mm spacers all round rolling on 18'' RSTT's

1st Gear

Status
    Tried contacting them directly? I might be interested if they get more in...

Money grabbing s3!

Status
    I haven't yet as it'll be a couple of weeks until I have a set, but i'd be interested to know if they are being continued..

Audi s3 goodwood green, BAM, n249 delete, 80mm TIP, s2000 air-filter, new turbo, ap coil overs, lots of poly bushes, 15mm spacers all round rolling on 18'' RSTT's

4th Gear

Status
    I may have a set for sale as I'm not getting mine till Friday now as the stupid f***ing courier messed up but my car is booked in tomo for my rear trailing arm bushes rear rose bushes r32 arb and a 4 wheel hunter alighment, I have a set of brand new tie bars here and 1 set has the super pro camber adjust bushes in so once i get them fitted Tomo with all the bushes and checked out if my camber is not bad i will be selling them so will let you know
    Tony gold likes this.

5th Gear

Status
    Had mine fitted yesterday.
    Sorry no pics as due to a bad back I've wussed out and got a garage to fit them.

Only complication was the mounting of the headlight adjuster. Such was sorted by adding some plastic packing.

Opinion so far:
    Garage reports that it was a nice simple install
    Driving feels fine and camber definitely improved. Still need pro set up but can feel the improvement.

2001 S3 (AMK)
    AEM WMI Kit, Black Silicone Hoses, Badger5 TIP with Cone Filter, AH Fabrications FMIC, Relentless Manifold Downpipe & Sport Cat, Miltek Cat Back Exhaust, VAG Aero Wipers, Forge FMDV008 Re-Circ, Revo Stage 2 Remap with SPS+ Tweaks, 2.0 TFSI Coil Pack Mod, B&M Short Shift, RNS-D Retrofit, Brembo & B5 2 Piece Rotor Conversion

2nd Gear

Status
    Had these since the end of 2011 or begining of 2012 from dpm performance
    http://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/comp...99-p-7250.html
    and they still have no play in them and they havent broke yet as i drive quite sprinted lol so there not too bad, only thing I don't like is when setting them up is the rosé joint moving out of place when tightening them which is just annoying

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12