not happy...

bleachy

Reaction score
:mad:
Hey guys just a quick 1.
Ive got stage 2 revo map which was done at AMD an came out at 279 bhp an 322 t since then I've added a 3" tip and an 3" dp an sports cat.
Right now my problem is I just can't pass my mate in his astra vxr which is 250bhp... Frustration:! :mad: any1 else have problems with lower powered cars? I understand its a lighter car an power to weight etc..
Thanks

The VXR will be over 100kg lighter ..

So there will not be a lot in it, (if your HP is correct)

I have had no problems with the chav mobiles when i was at 280..

Why do you care?

My A3 would walk your S3, does that bother you too?

Go out, enjoy the car and have fun with it. If you want it to be quicker then go make it quicker, but don't compare it to everything on the road otherwise you'll end up like me. And nobody wants that.

Do you know for a fact your mates Vxr is 250bhp, whats he had done to it ? They are 240bhp standard. Is it just a filter or zorst change ? If its been remapped then it'll be pushing more than 250, probably nearer 280bhp.

Edit: I would like my car to be faster than a VXR, I'm not overly bothered but I would like it.
Nothing wrong with having in an ego. You see it in all walks of life.

Last edited:
Jeez what a thread :sob:

Reactions: Westy and A3AH
Why do you care?

Go out, enjoy the car and have fun with it. If you want it to be quicker then go make it quicker, but don't compare it to everything on the road otherwise you'll end up like me. And nobody wants that.

Klappe mate,

This is a person in need of advice on how to better his S3 performance issue at the moment. He shouldn't be dress down like that, because he wants to be quicker/faster than his mates Astra VXR. Instead we should help him out on what other mods he could possibly do to acheive best performance out of his S3, so he can have a better shot for next time.

Experts like yourself & others on here, who have vast amounts of experience in this feild, should want to try help him out in a positive way. :meeting:

Reactions: Blackie_No1
Let it be, end of the day it's got a vauxhall badge on it... That means plastic everything, and dash board buttons u'll locate in cars 20yrs it senior! Lol

Thanks for some of the help lol. Thanks Guzzy... :arco:
I hate being beaten that's all... More power needed asap!

Why do you care?

Don't lie Jardo, your car is on axle stands now! Zero bhp! :laugh:

Reactions: A3AH, StaceyS3 and Westy
Another pearl of wisdom from Jardo. Everyone knows you've got the fastest, best looking car on here (when it's not blowing up). We also all know that you're the best driver in the world and that you taught Mr Schumacher everything he knows. You're such a guy.

Reactions: camscockle20vT
But why does he care about it not being quicker than a VXR?

I wouldn't care if my car was slower than a VXR, because a VXR is a much quicker car when modified. I think you should just like it for what it is and enjoy it rather than comparing it to everything else.

The basic break down of power to weight is hugely in the VXR's favour, you would need 288bhp to match a full fat top spec Astra with 250bhp.

If his VXR has been mapped then you need to throw the K04 in the bin and either go GT28 or take the K04 to Dan and go hybrid. Because even a 300bhp K04 won't match a 280bhp VXR.

S3 baiting isn't my game anymore, I have realised that they aren't even a challenge and moved onto bigger and better things. You guys should do too.

LOL Westy "always blowing up", you mean a failed water pump. Bravo.

Reactions: B_FUR
That's strange mate. When I had just a remap and 5 people in the car (2 were girls) I had a play with a vxr and i wasn't impressed as he only had 2 people and we was neck on neck. He only edged when I messed up a gear change! So with equal people, I should of beat him. AMD's rollers are a bit optimistic so worth getting a smoke test, scan with vagcom and just service the car. If all seems good then get it on a decent RR. I can tell you, I was so disappointed with my car when it made 250bhp Witt a B5 on it as it made that power without one. But I recently did my intercooler and the car seems so good, signs that I had major leaks! Hope this helps

Reactions: shaunf84
I don't think he cares about whether it's a VXR or a micra. The point is he thinks he has 30bhp more then his mates car and he's wondering why it keeps dicking him! I'm saying that his BHP probably isnt what he thinks it is for a start.

Only a pump failure? Most people don't replace the whole cylinder head when the water pump needs replacing!

Most people don't get given a fully reconditioned head for less than a crack test and skim :)

But most people don't drive 8 hours to Leicester and back without a water pump not knowing that the head is boiling up but the temp gauge isn't moving because the stagnant water at the temp sensor is at the right temp haha

Swings and roundabouts.

My A3 would bum your A3.... :ninja:

sorry just trying to stir the pot

My a3 would walk your a3 :undwech:

as Dave has suggested, ask him if he wants to play in the rain, or the damp, or when it's fairly cold..

Isn't yours a Turbo Quattro Slow?

First two words are correct, fact that is has a proper turbo means the last one is far from correct. When i got it it was a 'Turbo Quattro Slow', but it only had a gay little k03s turbo..:racer::racer:

Reactions: ScottD3 and Westy
all a3's s3's are gay
A4 the way to go.

Reactions: ScottD3
First two words are correct, fact that is has a proper turbo means the last one is far from correct. When i got it it was a 'Turbo Quattro Slow', but it only had a gay little k03s turbo..:racer::racer:

K03s for the win.

Reesy why the dislike bit childish aint it

This whole thread is a bit childish! Anyway Reesy is only 12 years old.

its ok we all have the dislike button

Reactions: Westy
Just try a few corners against a Vxr! They are ****e! And I mean ****e,its a fact the astra vxr is the worst handling fwd hot hatch ever built . So rain, snow, cold temps, damp or moist and any corners you would wupp him! In a straight line he outdid you because your tuner misled you about your bhp figures....... Not your fault and your car is loads better :).

Source : I had a Vxr on test drive for a weekend , I was horrified at it and didn't end up px my focus st which had a much more forgiving chassis.

Sean

Correcion dave, its worse than a clio forum as this lot should know better, clio forums are full of chavs and children.

This forum has really started slipping in the last 12 months or so and its sad really, i used to have alot of time for this pkace but now it just ****s me off in all honesty.

Reactions: camscockle20vT
And the best thing is that the original poster has kept well clear lmao probly just checked the thread to find a load of willy waving lol

Really the best thing to do is spend lots of money, because thats the answer to everything, max out your credit cards and get a big loan, then you can be happy that your faster than your friend lol.