quick question about which HID's i need for prefacelift to facelift lights :s

Reaction score
hi, i have a prefacelift S3 an i have got some facelight A3 headlights ready for fitting, but im not sure which HID's i need to get to fit :s i have tryed searching for this but havnt found this exact question, any help!?

So you want to put the original bulbs in the new xenon lights? Im sure that could be done, just a case of mounting the bulbs correctly, possibly changing the reflectors out for you old ones.

or if you mean your worried about actually wiring hids in, a hid kit comes with all the wiring needed to attatch to your existing lighting loom.

im relatively new to xenon stuff, ive been fixing my girlfriends light recently, so what im saying is based on limited experience.

yeh all i mean was to fit new hids to the facelift lights iv just purcased, but with my s3 being a prefaclift i wasnt sure wether i buy hids to fit the s3 or to buy hids to fit the facelift lights :s confusing stuff!

Yeh a tad confusing.
Do your new lights come with the wires? If not youl need the necessary loom. Which a hid KIT should provide.

Lets hope someone can give you some definite advice

I don't know how the facelift lights come, but on pre facelift S3's, the Xenon ballast is part of the headlamp. I guess if you buy a xenon kit, it should just be plug and play onto the facelift lamps, so long as you take the correct feeds/wiring from the previous setup.

I did this recently, just bought a H1? HID kit to fit the main beam of the A3 facelift lamps and connected it all up to my pre face s3 wiring and all is good in the world. MOT wasnt a problem either...If i can find the box I'll pm you the details

I bought a H1 5k kit with 35w ballasts from car mod shop.com in Devon been ace. Sorry battery is dying on phone hence the crap grammer and lack of description lol