Which Dogbone Mount / Bush Do You Recommend?

WorkInProgress

Reaction score
I've been looking at the plethora of dogbone bushes and replacement mounts around and can't make my mind up which to get. Mine is knackered so anything will be an improvement. So far I've seen: -

Bushes
SuperPro - SPF2577-70K (Diesel)
SuperPro - SPF2577-80K
SuperPro - SPF2577-90K (Race Applications)
SuperFlex - SF081-2577-80K
SuperFlex - SF081-2577-90K (Competition Use)
PowerFlex - PFF85-420
PowerFlex - PFF85-420R (Diesel)
VibraTechnics - VAG450M
VibraTechnics - VAG450MX (Competition)
ECS Dogbone Mount Kit

Mounts
THS Performance FR3 Mount
PSI Pre-Assembled Dogbone Mount
ECS Ultimate Dogbone Mount
VF Engineering Dogbone Mount

Any opinion good or bad on the above?

Rob

I use the deisel powerflex one...wish I'd picked the harder one though as I still get a fair bit of "shuffle" from the powertrain when shifting or driving really slowly in the lower gears

i fitted the yellow powerflex yesturday. very harsh (strong vibrations in the car) on idle and first gear pull off . but once upto speed don't notice much difference.

bargain aswell at only £20, only takes 20 mins to fit, quick easy job

I use yellow powerflex and have uprated the front too (powerflex also) .... great mod for £40 all in

Race use super pro rear bush, and a Super Pro polybush on the front.

Winner winner.

i fitted the yellow powerflex yesturday. very harsh (strong vibrations in the car) on idle and first gear pull off . but once upto speed don't notice much difference.

bargain aswell at only £20, only takes 20 mins to fit, quick easy job

This will get better jay

Sorry for the thread revival, but is it necessary to do the smaller front bush at the same time? Are there big differences between the diesel red bushes and the yellow version? My car is totally unmodified.

The front bush made a massive difference on mine, well worth it!

ive got the poweeflex diesel red rear, and powerflex front bushes. Worth every penny

The front bush made a massive difference on mine, well worth it!

ive got the poweeflex diesel red rear, and powerflex front bushes. Worth every penny

I have just fitted the red powerflex bush to a spare dog bone mount and have a round superflex bush waiting to be fittd. Did you notice much vibration after fitting and did it soon return to near-OEM smoothness?

Some people say the round superpro bush is not as harsh as the superflex. Can anyone please confirm that?

Last edited:
Didn't notice any extra vibration with the red rear bush. Just a better gear shift.

Good to hear, thanks. I guess I'm trying to find out if the round powerflex bush (front) adds a noticeable amount of vibration.

I noticed more vibration after fitting the red diesel Powerflex dog mount initially on tick over, within a few days though it died down, don't notice it at all now.