Self leveling clips - eBay item

Also a little confused how to fit them, how would you fit the motor arm to the clip. Slide it in from the end ? As I can't see it being a push on fitting.

It looks to be the same as the ones that were on here. I assume you screw it on and slide the ball joint thing in from the side and then locate the motor in the HL housing matey

I purchased a pair of these last week after seeing this thread, very quick delivery.

One of my clips was broken, and the other wasn't far behind I'm sure.

Popped the bumper off today, and removed the headlights, and set about replacing the clips. These billet aluminium machined clips won't go through the motor hole, but you can slide them in through the dipped bulb aperture. Bit of a squeeze, but possible. I removed the bulb etc to give me a bit more room.

After manoeuvring the clips into the right position and screwing them in with the torx screw from the old clip, the next tricky bit arises! If you angle the levelling motor at 45 degrees through the motor hole, and pull the headlight inners towards it, you can just about slide the motor ball in to the side of it. I used a long screwdriver to help so I wasn't putting too much pressure on the stem.

Anyway, with a bit of fiddling, they were in.

Everything is back together and they work great. Hopefully I won't have any more issues. The only downside is if I need to change a levelling motor in the future, I'll have to remove the headlight, but it's not a big job I guess.

I would suggest these clips would be perfect if they were 2 or 3 mm less in diameter, they could fit through the motor hole then.

I would have joined the group buy, but I'm impatient! :D

Also a little confused how to fit them, how would you fit the motor arm to the clip. Slide it in from the end ? As I can't see it being a push on fitting.

'pushing them on' is the best way to break the original ones.