High pitch sqweal when turning right......... Possibly wheel bearing?

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
So guys driving home today with the tunes on and went around a roundabout then into a right turn and i could hear a sqwealing/screeching noise, and eveytime i turn right i now hear it, seems to be when above 15/20mph and coming from the rear.

Now my mate who mot's my car has flagged it as and advisory for the last 3 years, haha, i know bad me but its neve caused me any problems, made a nois etc so we both decided until it got worse to leave.

So do you think it could be this? If so wheres the best place to buy a kit from as eurocarparts dont stock rear kits and all the ones on ebay look ****.

Ill check that on thursday when im off. Steerings fine though PT and thh the noise seems to be rear related.

So checked the power steerig fluid and its a tad low but well above the min marker, ill top it up, whats the fluid we need and wheres best to buy it.

So i very much doubt its the power steering so im guessig its the rear wheel bearing?

So any advice guys? Off tomorrow so want to have ago at it, also can i buy the fluid feom halfords?

have you checked for a family of albanians living in your wheel arch? they could be using the petrol vapour from your charcoal canister vent to keep a fire going and keep them warm, and living off road deposits thrown up by your tyres. Every time you turn right you catch them with your wheel?

maybe pads getting low? (had this sort of noise on some cars before even though brakes not being pressed) or the backing plate? hope this helps
Dan

Argh mate thibk you may be onto something, the rear drivers side brake pads are virtualy down to the backing pad, is booked in for them doing in 2 weeks time, fingers crossed.

power steering fluid-wise just make sure it's the green mineral oil stuff from Audi itself - dirt cheap though! Wheel bearing wise, I go my rear kit from Jason at allgermanparts I think it was called