Badger5JMB Retrofits
    Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!

Status

So good so far in 2013 :)

Well so far 2013 and my car seem to be quite happy

as not only did I find a bill from the Audi them selves for doing my cambelt and associated parts less than 20K ago (that's saved me £350) I just put it in for MOT and its passed no problems with only 2 advisories one of which is that my front tyres are slightly worn on the inner edges (this is due to the fact they were on the rear of the car when I had too much camber, I put them on the front of the car when I got the camber sorted and 2 new tyres on the rear.).

The other advisory is for a small oil leak, Now I had a look under the car yesterday and I did see a tiny bit of oil but it looked more like gearbox oil to me. So out of interest where might oil leak from the gearbox? and also what other spots are prone to engine oil leaks so I can do a bit of investigation.

Rob
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Just reading your mods bob you've been busy ain't you!!
    2000 AMK S3, Revo'd, forge 007p, B8's, H&R's, tarox g88's, ferrodo ds2500's, and in the fastest colour

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 Rav View Post
    Just reading your mods bob you've been busy ain't you!!
    Its been a little bit of a whirlwind upgrade lol. I was gonna stay stage 1 and then met up with a few others off here who were toying with stage 2 and next thing i know so am i

Just gotta get me some better brakes and then maybe a custom remap next
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

6th Gear

Status
    I have a slight oil leak that from under the car looks like its from the gearbox... however its from the rocker gasket . Check its dry all around the way around.
    Noggy Blue 2001 S3

I ask questions because i change my mind so much. If i ask questions you have already covered... just leave it be?

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 Paul View Post
    I have a slight oil leak that from under the car looks like its from the gearbox... however its from the rocker gasket . Check its dry all around the way around.
    thanks mate will give it a good once over when i get it up on some axle stands soon, its only a tiny leak as it does not leave a patch on the ground when parked and yeah seems to running off the gearbox but as you say could be coming from higher up.

I did clean it up a bit so maybe that will help pinpoint the leak as i can trace it back better hopefully.