So good so far in 2013 :)

vrbob

Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!
Reaction score
Well so far 2013 and my car seem to be quite happy :)

as not only did I find a bill from the Audi them selves for doing my cambelt and associated parts less than 20K ago (that's saved me £350) I just put it in for MOT and its passed no problems with only 2 advisories one of which is that my front tyres are slightly worn on the inner edges (this is due to the fact they were on the rear of the car when I had too much camber, I put them on the front of the car when I got the camber sorted and 2 new tyres on the rear.).

The other advisory is for a small oil leak, Now I had a look under the car yesterday and I did see a tiny bit of oil but it looked more like gearbox oil to me. So out of interest where might oil leak from the gearbox? and also what other spots are prone to engine oil leaks so I can do a bit of investigation.

Rob

Just reading your mods bob you've been busy ain't you!!

Its been a little bit of a whirlwind upgrade lol. I was gonna stay stage 1 and then met up with a few others off here who were toying with stage 2 and next thing i know so am i :)

Just gotta get me some better brakes and then maybe a custom remap next

I have a slight oil leak that from under the car looks like its from the gearbox... however its from the rocker gasket . Check its dry all around the way around.

I have a slight oil leak that from under the car looks like its from the gearbox... however its from the rocker gasket . Check its dry all around the way around.

thanks mate will give it a good once over when i get it up on some axle stands soon, its only a tiny leak as it does not leave a patch on the ground when parked and yeah seems to running off the gearbox but as you say could be coming from higher up.

I did clean it up a bit so maybe that will help pinpoint the leak as i can trace it back better hopefully.