S3 uneven front brake pad wear?

vfr800

Reaction score
Hi

I noticed that my N/S front pads have twice as much meat left on them compared to the O/S. The O/S looks as if they'll need replacing very soon.

Is it common for them to wear unevenly? Or could I have a sticky calliper?

I've never noticed the car pulling to one side under braking and the discs look to be worn evenly.

A set of DS2500 are on my shopping list ...

Cheers, Liam

i had this recently. i suspected a sticky piston so i have stripped the calipers down to refurb. any uneven wear on the discs? what pads are they also. mine were mintex which dont get a great review tbh so mabye poor pads? im sure my caliper was sticking though as the near side used to be so hot compared to the off side. you could literally feel the heat difference getting out the car. daz

just spotted you mentioned the discs lol. checked both sides of the discs?the inside of mine was glazed and the outsides were fine. daz

just spotted you mentioned the discs lol. checked both sides of the discs?the inside of mine was glazed and the outsides were fine. daz

Cheers.

Both the O/S pads were similarly worn down i.e. similar amount of friction material, N/S pads were equal too obviously with more material left.

I'll have a proper check of the discs, I haven't measured them accurately yet.

Liam