am i asking a fair price for my car?

Doesnt look too bad, being Cat D you might get some lower offers though as it will always be on the register.

cool, cheers guys. yeah i expect to get nocked down, will see how it goes at that price for now. Ive been offered 1700 and 1800 so was just checking my price was fair before declining them

id say its fair. i wouldnt really go below below your asking figure.... maybe £2350 if someone visits and trys to barter.

Thats one thing i hate about advertising a car - the idiots who offer **** all money for your car without even coming to look at it

I think given the fact that insurance have paid out for it once before, and also sadly the mileage, you'd probably have to drop down to around £2,000 when haggled. If you get any more than that you'd be doing well.

Shame really as it looks quite nice.

I think given the fact that insurance have paid out for it once before, and also sadly the mileage, you'd probably have to drop down to around £2,000 when haggled. If you get any more than that you'd be doing well.

Shame really as it looks quite nice.

Agreed ^^^^^^^^ !

Sean

id say around 2k
there pulling around £2400 stright and not needing work with between 110k / 130k

I'd agree with Routledge, it's a cat D with 180k on the clock, not worth over £2k despite looking like a lovely car.

Also agree with the around £2k mark. Looks a lovely and well looked after motor but their only worth what someone will pay, and as said everyone wants a car for pennys before theyv even looked at them.

Also is it just on ebay? I only get goons ringing up from there, i dont think anyone expects to buy a trouble free car off of ebay, well none that i have ever bought have been trouble free! But i suppose thats what you get from trying to be cheap :)

Its a shame to see you're selling up after all the work you've put in but GLWTS.

That reg plate would look lovely on mine ;-)

I'd agree with the 2k mark.
I'd put it on Pistonheads, too many time wasters on ebay

Also.. That plate probably isn't adding much value to the car. You should take it off and sell it to me for £100 + transfer fees.

I like it because it says S3.. And also MEU is the kind of noise my hungry cat would make, if I had a cat and it was hungry.

Cheers!

Reactions: camscockle20vT
yeah i was expecting to get nocked down to £2000, ive had a £1800 offer but want to let it run for a bit before accepting an offer under £2000. Yeah i know Dave its going to be sad to see it go, i absoloutly love the 4wd my mk5 gti is pants at getting the power down and theres no turbo kick. Only had it 2 weeks and already bought, induction kit, double din screen, carbon fibre flappy paddles, uprated dump valve, serviced it, powerflex dog bone and todays job, fitted a milltek catback. Gonna book it in at Unicorn motor developments in Stockport in a few weeks for a remap too. I can imagine yeah it would be good with stripped out with uprated suspension and brakes but if i was going to have a track car it would have to be rwd