JMB RetrofitsMonster Motorsport
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Cawsey's Track Toy

Cawsey

Status

Cawsey's Track Toy

Can anyone recommend a decent garage in or close to Southampton that are familiar with the 1.8t engine?

AMD stage 2 map, BBS LM 19s, 20mm Momo Spacers, Black Diamond Discs, Ferrodo ds2500 pads, Milltek Exhaust, Pipewerx downpipe and Decat, Custom FMIC, 4 bar Fuel Pressure Regulator, Forge 007p, Forge short shift, Forge DV relocation ,Forge TIP, S2000 Filter, Sachs Race Clutch, Sachs Light weight Single mass flywheel, ForgeOil catch tank, De baffled Charge pipe & Polished, Polished Inlet Manifold, N249 Delete, PCV Delete, Red Engine Mounts, Forge Boost hoses, Angel Eye Headlights, LCR Splitter,

2. # ADS
    ADS

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    Hey dude, sorry I missed your PM.

For garages down here, I'm really not sure. JKM are in pompey 30 mins away, otherwise I think Bill is closest at ~2 hours from you.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!

Status
    Danny I have used Regal Auto sport before as they had an 8L S3 show car at one time but not used them for a long time now as they are a bit pricey.

JKM as prawn suggests is a good shout as they have done both of my Revo remaps and are reasonably priced too.
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

Cawsey

Status

Cawsey's Track Toy

Ok guys thanks, ill check them both out.

AMD stage 2 map, BBS LM 19s, 20mm Momo Spacers, Black Diamond Discs, Ferrodo ds2500 pads, Milltek Exhaust, Pipewerx downpipe and Decat, Custom FMIC, 4 bar Fuel Pressure Regulator, Forge 007p, Forge short shift, Forge DV relocation ,Forge TIP, S2000 Filter, Sachs Race Clutch, Sachs Light weight Single mass flywheel, ForgeOil catch tank, De baffled Charge pipe & Polished, Polished Inlet Manifold, N249 Delete, PCV Delete, Red Engine Mounts, Forge Boost hoses, Angel Eye Headlights, LCR Splitter,

Cawsey

Status

Cawsey's Track Toy

Ok so I just fired up the s3 to try and diagnose the poor old engine. It started making a missing sound at high end revs then it's gradually got worse until now where it sounds like a tractor on tick over. The cabin is very shaky the exhaust is popping Like mad And there is no power. I tried unplugging the coil packs one by one but it get a lot worse each time so I'm assuming they are fine. I'm going to check the plugs tomorrow but they were new 4 months ago. Does anyone have any ideas before I take it to a garage?

5th Gear

Status
    I had similar sounds / symptoms once and that was a combination of vacuum leaks....... Could be for you, have you scanned the car?

Sean
    Current: 2013 Audi A3 2.0 tdi s line 8V in black SD nav+ extras, E46 BMW M3, 1971 Volvo p1800, 2014 Ford transit sport 155ps ;-)

Previous : Focus st 225 stage 1 (265 bhp and too much torque), 2002 audi s3 bam engine completely OEM, 2001 Audi a3 1.8 TQS 221bhp and about 20 other cars, majority civics ek4/ek9 and Bmw / Audi soot chucker's!

Cawsey

Status

Cawsey's Track Toy

I've scanned it with my cheap fault code reader and two codes come up one which is SAI valve drone where I disconnected it and the other is air intake sensor from dodgy wiring. But they were both there before the tractor appeared.

Cawsey

Status

Cawsey's Track Toy

Ok so I've come to the conclusion that its a dodgy coil pack, as removing one of them didn't make a change in sound where as the others did.

Any ideas as to where I can buy a new one as Euro car parts and gsf only seem to sell the push down ones where as mine are bolt down.

5th Gear

Status
    Tps stock them you just need the part number.

Least your making progress solving the problem ! :-)

Sean
    Current: 2013 Audi A3 2.0 tdi s line 8V in black SD nav+ extras, E46 BMW M3, 1971 Volvo p1800, 2014 Ford transit sport 155ps ;-)

Previous : Focus st 225 stage 1 (265 bhp and too much torque), 2002 audi s3 bam engine completely OEM, 2001 Audi a3 1.8 TQS 221bhp and about 20 other cars, majority civics ek4/ek9 and Bmw / Audi soot chucker's!

Cawsey

Status

Cawsey's Track Toy

Small update, I now have a new coil pack which has sorted out my misfire. But still down on power and horrible rattle sound when I put my foot down. Doesn't seem to do it in neutral when reving only while in gear booting it also a lumpy idle.

On a good side I ordered a small number plate, a TRS tow strap, two sparco bucket seats, two red 3 point harnesses and a new instrument cluster .
    Next on list to buy is mounts for the seats and OMP steering wheel.

Here's a couple pictures of the front end with the new number plate and tow strap.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363114817.676769.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363114886.415192.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363114900.631954.jpg
    Prawn, future, StaceyS3 and 2 others like this.

2nd Gear

Status
    Looking good mate. Im making my way through prawn and big als track build and there are some awesome mods and track ideas in there which are worth a look at if your going that route for sure!

2001 Audi S3 8L Ming Blue - Rebuild Complete

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    Looking good mate!

Where did you get that number plate from? it looks about the right size
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

3rd Gear

Status
    lose the front seats, i heard there around 20kg each? get a garden chair or a bean bag to sit on...

6th Gear

Status
    Good progress mate. your be sorted in no time!

3rd Gear

Status
    just seen you have a pic of buckets, will be a good thread to follow!!

Cawsey

Status

Cawsey's Track Toy

Prawn I bought the small number plate from A1 show plates, cost was 15 quid.

Cawsey

Status

Cawsey's Track Toy

If anyone is interested I'm selling my front and rear recaro seats. They are electric but not heated, they are in ok condition for the age. Bottom of seats are a little bit bobbly but that's about it. They will be in the classifieds.
    Last edited by <tuffty/>; 15th March 2013 at 10:32. Reason: For sale stuff must be in the classifieds

Scuderia Vittoria Edition 001

Status
    progress is looking good dan! im heading back home in a few weeks so if your around we should go annoy robs parents in the garage?
    Audi S3

''If a hammer doesn't fit it. it's technical''

AH Fabrications catch can for sale £50 posted!

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cawsey View Post
    If anyone is interested I'm selling my front and rear recaro seats. They are electric but not heated, they are in ok condition for the age. Bottom of seats are a little bit bobbly but that's about it. They will be in the classifieds.
    Dan, please use the classifieds for selling off anything you need to.. its fine to link to the ad in your thread and sig as long as its not intrusive. (I have a couple in mine currently)

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Cawsey

Status

Cawsey's Track Toy

(Future) late night mechanics at robs parents sounds good to me if he permits.

Sorry tuffty will note for future.

I spent Friday fitting my new buckets and harnesses I ended up re using my original seat subframes and re drilling new holes for my side mounts. Took a little while getting them in the right position but all sorted now and looking pretty good. My phone isn't uploading photos right now but ill post some pics up soon.

Cawsey

Status

Cawsey

Status

Cawsey's Track Toy

And some pics from santapod its was a pretty rubbish weekend due to the rain.
    Nice and clean on the way there

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363636039.142928.jpg

Nice and dirty after about 5 minutes on the field

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363636070.295942.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363636146.096652.jpg

Whats going on???

Status

My Social Networking

Visit s3 Hoggy's Instagram Channel
    That's class mate! Have you any idea how mutch weight you've removed from your car yet?
    2002 S3 REVO
    Milltek, Sachs Organic clutch, 007p, Genuine RSTT's, BBS RS2's
    Koni FSD & H&R springs, Neuspeed 22mm rear ARB, KW tie arms
    LCR Brembo's with DS2500's & Paul's 300mm Rear disc kit,
    Michelin Pilot Sport 3's,Badger5 V2.2 Jetex filter & heatshield

6th Gear

Status
    Manage to get it sitting low enough on the standard rails?

Cactus green 8L S3 - B5 TIP + Jetex, Revised 007p, R32 rear ARB, AP Coilovers, Compbrake rear arms, Full Powerflexed dogbone.

Status
    looking wicked danny! would be interested in how much weight youve shifted swell if you know?
    Audi S3

Cawsey

Status

Cawsey's Track Toy

I'm not to sure how much weight I've removed yet as there is still a lot more stuff to remove ill get the car weighed at some point.

Cawsey

Status

Cawsey's Track Toy

I only used the bottom bracket without the runners etc so yea they sit a lot lower then the standard sofas

Cawsey

Status
    Ok so I've just sold my original recaro seats and had to send the sub frames with them so does anyone know of a compony that make sub frames to fit to the s3, the only one I've found are from ybracing a uk OMP dealer but they seem to have stopped making ones for the passenger side for the moment. Any advice would be great.

Other news the car is in a garage having the air intake sensor rewired, an oil leak sorted out, 4 new coil packs. And just a general check over.

Status
    best bet would be recaro or audi i would have thought mate or a breakers yard
    Audi S3

Cawsey

Status
    Small update, i bought an omp sub frame for the drivers seat and when all fitted it made the seat sit too high so I binned that idea and decided to cut up some steel box section at work and bolt them to the floor, now they are sitting just perfect and feel so much stronger
    Here's a pic of the mounts I made.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366660538.489300.jpg

And a couple pics after fitting a few AMD stickers
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366660855.851858.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366660876.355795.jpg

Now I just need to get the engine running healthy again. Think its a high chance the bottom end is on its way out so I'm dropping it off at Bills on Friday while I'm in Spain for a month to diagnose the problem and possibly rebuild the engine if it is the bottom end.

6th Gear

Status
    Loving the look mate. looks so agressive too!

Can yuo get some bigger pictures up please?
    Word!!!

My A3/Martys Golf would smash that, and this guys £7000 GT9743 supercharged love machine.

Cawsey

Status

Cawsey

Status
    If they don't ill delete them and re post them up on the weekend from my laptop

6th Gear

Status
    Nah they still baby pics, i usually upload them on photobucket if that helps
    Word!!!

My A3/Martys Golf would smash that, and this guys £7000 GT9743 supercharged love machine.

Cawsey

Status

Cawsey

Status

Cawsey

Status

Cawsey

Status
    Alright guys its been a while since I've been on here due to having a baby and moving to Spain etc, so the Audi was shipped to Spain and put away in my garage neglected to focus on family and work.
    I've got next Saturday free to play about with the car, so i think its going to consist of continuing stripping as much weight as i can. I want everything to go that is not necessary to keep it legal and go round a track.
    Ideas needed.

Cawsey

Status
    Here's a few progress pics from the other weekend, stripped out a bit more of the rear interior and sound deadening.
    also removed the huge miltek back box and welded up some pipe to replace it. its now sounding a lot more like a track car now but not too loud to drive.
    DSC_0038.jpg
    DSC_0036.jpg
    DSC_0040.jpg
    DSC_0041.jpg
    DSC_0045.jpg
    DSC_0046.jpgDSC_0042.jpg

Cawsey

Status
    I bought a second hand instrument cluster off Ebay a while back as all the pixels went on mine and i snapped the needles trying to fix it.
    Does anyone know how to reprogram it to my car, I've been told i need vag tacho so i bought a cheap version of the software with a cable from ebay but don't the faintest what to do, any help would be great.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast