AH FabricationsSky Insurance
    1st Gear

Status

Forge Diverter valve

Just wondering if a diverter valve on my car would add to performance as i heard somewhere that it may be worth doing if its been chipped. Ive got the revo upgrade software running on the ECU and needed some opinions.Its running with the standard audi dump valve at the moment.

2. # ADS
    ADS

imported_monkeytrousers

Re: Forge Diverter valve

I'd like to know this too, and what is a dump valve for that matter?!

imported_fingermouse

the replacement dv valve is for purely operational purposes only. Fitting a uprated after markey DV valve will not improve performance.

If you also want your DV valve to last longer then pipe it so it is on the cold air side.

3rd Gear

Status

No peformance benefit, just that the Audi one isn't particulary robust so breaks down over time, considerably quicker after a re-map.
    I had the forge one fitted at the same time as the Revo just as a matter of course.
    (just wished I'd have kept the old one as my wifes Golf GTi Turbo has now started to flutter so that needs to be replaced and I believe they are the same item)

1st Gear

Status

Dont suppose theres a good reason for it diverting it rather than dumping it? Had a feeling it wouldn't do anything, but will probably replace it with a forge just for its longer life, when the standard decides its had enough. Cheers

...Watching you!

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Dont suppose theres a good reason for it diverting it rather than dumping it? Had a feeling it wouldn't do anything, but will probably replace it with a forge just for its longer life, when the standard decides its had enough. Cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good reason! The charge is dumped at the turbo entrance, therefore keeping the turbo spinning... If it were dumped to atmosphere, it wouldnt do that.

Rich

Status

Waste of time and effort unless the car is making extremely high boost (>1.5bar)

They need to be rebuilt from time to time (every few months) and in my view degrade performance over the OEM bosch.

If you want an upgrade check the model number of the OEM one fitted, replace it (if req) with the lastest revision (N valve) and have a spare in case if breaks.

5th Gear

Status

Seen a load go after revo remap,1.45bar+ boost.