Cupar r splitter for my s3 pic request please :-)

S3 chj

Reaction score
Hi guys,

iv bought a splitter for my s3 from seat today,I was wondering if anyone has any tips on fitting as I remember they have to be cut a little bit, also any pictures of them fitted would be great so I can see the position you have them at this is my first s3 and I don't want to make a mess of it, also my first mod! Here we go with the modding bug lol. Next mod new shape s3 gear knob.

Cheers Chris

Was my first ever mod too, god that was some mods ago.

Measure twice, cut once. Cut less than you think each time.
Plenty of pics in the picture thread at the top

SAM_0679.jpg

start off with a couple of self tapping screws in the middle, working your way out at 3 inche intervals until you reach the far edge, i just used a small hacksaw to trim off the over hang , then used a hot knife to slightly tidy/mould smooth, to hide the saw marks.
Takes about 15-20 minutes in total.

Reactions: s3clarke
Personally, I hated the idea of self tapping screws, it just seems a bit pikey, and fills the inside of your bumper with nasty sharp edges.

I used M4 dome headed allen bolts instead with penny washers to spread the load and nylock nuts. Far more professional.

Chris,

I used the same fixing method as Buzzer. I then used a heat gun to mould the edges for a perfect fit.
No the clearest pic but how it looks from the front.

IMG_1553.png

:o.k:

^^^ I wasn't trying to be rude above btw folks, just point out that there is a nicer way of doing it. Apologies if it came across as arsey.

Personally, I hated the idea of self tapping screws, it just seems a bit pikey, and fills the inside of your bumper with nasty sharp edges.

I used M4 dome headed allen bolts instead with penny washers to spread the load and nylock nuts. Far more professional.

i don't live in a caravan and I'm not a perfectionist.lol

[Dave B];1788958 said:
My prediction, in 5 years this will be the mod that everyone's removing!
True not a fan, it looks what it is...stuck on..
IMO it is better to paint the lip under the bumper black...it sort of dissapears then..

On a side note i remember when these were £18 from the dealers!!

Cant believe the splitters have tripled in value in nearly 3 years, thats a fukcing joke, i paid about £17/18 for mine.

€29 here in Dublin , friend of mine works in the trade and said demand in the last couple years increased, so they simply increased the price.

Personaly i think the s3 needs it, i hate the look afthe s3 bumper without a splitter on, looks tame and boring, just my 2 pence worth.

Personaly i think the s3 needs it, i hate the look afthe s3 bumper without a splitter on, looks tame and boring, just my 2 pence worth.

no no no, leave it be...

Oem is the way forward.