S3 exhaust onto an A3

quattrokid

Reaction score
I have been asked if the S3 exhaust I'm taking off would be an upgrade for lesser A3 models please?

I assume it's a straight swap?

Ta

a3's have ko3 turbos so have a different downpipe and cat (as far as I know) so a direct fit I wouldn't think so. Also, is the a3 a Quattro?

S3 cat back will fit A3 quattro with a bumper trim.

4wd exhausts will not fit a FWD car at all though mate, not ever. different floorpans.

If you're looking second hand, look for mk4 golf systems also, they fit, and are much more common.

The chap interested said his A3 was a quattro model, he would be having my cat and the catback as well so basically all that's from the downpipe... but may need to modify his bumper to take the twin outlets

Is this correct?

Cheers for your replies gents

the catback will definitely fit. I wouldn't know about the cat though, perhaps Reesy would be better placed to answer

the catback will definitely fit. I wouldn't know about the cat though, perhaps Reesy would be better placed to answer

Prawn, you know i love you and totally respect you right??#

Ok the S3 exhaust is not a direct fit on an A3 TQS, for starters if running the standard cats you will have to may a reducer as the S3 system has a bigger ID than the A3 quattro, also on the rear box you have the 2 mounts, these dont line up at all as the S3 box is a good 6ins bigger, to get round this a simple cut and reweld of the mounts is needed :)

and yes they sound awesome when fitted :)

.... ok, would the rear valance need to be changed or cut to accommodate the twin outlets?

So to cut to the chase, IF this interested chap buys my exhaust he could just take it to a local exhaust fabricator who could modify to suite his floorboard contours and mounting points and make a flange to connect the cat to his downpipe?

Cheers gents

Rich