Little bit afraid

edwin98

Reaction score
A friend of mine just bought a brand new subaru impreza wrx, he want's to go for a drive next week, should i be afraid?

Is your S3 standard or modified? Seen a modified S3 up against an X Reg Scoob and the S3 was definately quicker (this was mostly in a straight line though).

The Scooby driver drove the S3 afterwards and was pretty impressed.....

I only have my car for 6 weeks now, i don't know everything for sure. But they say when i bought it that the car is chipped and has 255bhp.

This weekend i have raced it on the highway with an honda s2000, and my car whas slightly quicker.

There is'nt more about it what i know.
(yet ;-) )

I love my car, and think its quick, but not awesome quick as you know what i mean.

Edwin, we'll have to meet and test it out, if it's chipped then you'll take me, if it's neck and neck then we now it's standard /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Should be good for a laugh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Maybe it's a subjective thing, but I used to own a WRX and it felt hugely faster than my S3 does. Maybe it's just the lack of the kick in the back. The WRX was like a rocket when you hit 3500rpm, but a little flat below that. The S3 pulls more smoothly and from lower down the rev range.

The biggest difference between the two is the size of the cahonjes you need in the S3. It will corner as hard as the WRX, but it rolls much, much more.

And it will leave you from a standing start too. In the scoobie you could dial up 4000rpm, drop the clutch and be away without any wheel spin (and there is no traction control on the WRX).

But always remember - you will be travelling in more style and comfort than the scoobie pilot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dan