TT Springs on an S3 ?

mattyboy199

Reaction score
Is anyone aware of the differences i believe they are different part numbers for 1.8 quattro models, my S3 has 5dot pink or violet rear springs & have seen these also available for the TT.

Regards

Matt

The TT does have a few variations on springs, the quattro sport had different springs, the s line was a differnet spring too, i think if you order 18 inc alloys it came with slightly lower suspension too so a different spring again. Theres nothing to stop you from using tt quattro springs on the S3 though and if you check on vagcat you'll probably find they share some of the springs listed.

A quick look on vag cat shows the TT and S3 share the following rear springs:

Part No.s and paint marks -

1J0511115CR 5 marks violet
1J0511115DD 2 marks silver
1J0511115DE 3 marks silver
8N0511115E 1 mark red - this is also noted as for sports type running gear under the TT which might be the sline or quattro suspension

The following was also listed for the S3:

1J0511115BM 5 marks blue

The following was also listed for the TT:
8N0511115F 2 marks red for sports type running gear
8N0511115G 3 marks red for sports type running gear
1J0511115DF 4 marks silver

Last edited:
I take it you dont know the different characteristics of each spring ?

Mine had the 18" RSTT's from the factory as an option and my rear springs are: 1J0511115DE with three silver dots if that helps.

Not sure if your post is directed at me but yes I am 100% certain. I had the springs fitted and I checked my invoice for the part number. I wanted to make sure I had the right springs fitted because mine had the wheels as an option and therefore the slightly lowered suspension was fitted. There is a code for the lowered suspension on a sticker in the tyre well of your boot (which basically tells you the options your car comes had fitted from the factory).

P.s the springs I am talking about for my car were rear springs. The front ones are different and have pink dots on them

I'm also talking about the rear springs. I've recently fitted a set & its sitting real high. Started to wonder if it wont settle I'll have to source different springs

just fitted some 2 red dot TT springs to the S3 the gap has closed (2 fingers), it looks good