S3 Bam post cat lambda sensor (S2) help

mattyboy199

Reaction score
My S3 has thrown up a sensor 2 fault (as below). So i intend to replace it, however i've been digging around on ebay & the bosch website. The Audi part number is 06A906262BB however the bosch website indciates 3 different sensors but does not indicate which sensor is post or pre. Has anyone had to replace this ? i'm pretty sure the same sensor is used on a number of cars & you shouldnt need to pay the £100 odd through a dealer.

Chassis Type: 8L - Audi A3/S3
Scan: 01,02,03,08,15,16,17,22,35,37,45,55,56,57,75,76

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 01: Engine Labels: Redir Fail!
Controller: 8N0 906 018 BH
Component: 1.8L R4/5VT 01 0001
Coding: 10710
Shop #: WSC 00000
VCID: 78836BE34BCB

2 Faults Found:
17522 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor; B1 S2: Internal Resistance too High
P1114 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
17704 - Shareware Version. To Decode all DTCs
P1296 - 35-00 - Please Register/Activate
Readiness: 0000 0000

cheers

matt

This is post cat sensor and is narrow band... this is not the wideband pre cat sensor at the top of the DP...

Can't help on part numbers sorry..

<tuffty/>

Last edited:
get the one with the plug, you dont want to waste time trying to solder and seal wire joints.

oh yeah i'll defo go plug just need to check all the wiring is good. Tuffty has really confued me with his post S2 is sensor 2 post cat, why would the post cat sensor be at the top of the down pipe ? its after the cat

oh yeah i'll defo go plug just need to check all the wiring is good. Tuffty has really confued me with his post S2 is sensor 2 post cat, why would the post cat sensor be at the top of the down pipe ? its after the cat

Sorry dude... my bad... I meant pre cat... brain frazzled after a long day at work...

Edited for clarity (hopefully lol)

<tuffty/>

Sorry dude... my bad... I meant pre cat... brain frazzled after a long day at work...

Edited for clarity (hopefully lol)

<tuffty/>

I think you need to change the 1st pre to post unless i'm wong ? and co nfused again

Yesterday i removed the sensor the head of the sensor was black with soot & it justed wiped off, ive re-installed the sensor & cleared the fault code and it seems to be fine now. Very susprised about this but we will see

I have just replaced the rear sensor on mine with a genuine part, I have the part number at work and can post it tomorrow if ya want :)

I have just replaced the rear sensor on mine with a genuine part, I have the part number at work and can post it tomorrow if ya want :)

Is it easy to do the post cat lambda? Just ordered one from Bosch so intend to do it tomorrow or weds after work.. I'm guessing it's just the heat shield in the way? Haven't had a proper look yet to see if I can get at it!

I replaced the b1s2 sensor on mine 2-3 months ago with a NGK one off ebay, much cheaper than the bosch ones, it's still early but not had any probs with it touch wood.

Is it easy to do the post cat lambda? Just ordered one from Bosch so intend to do it tomorrow or weds after work.. I'm guessing it's just the heat shield in the way? Haven't had a proper look yet to see if I can get at it!

Already had mine out, the heat shield isnt in the way, you cant miss it tbh. I would suggest spraying it up 24hrs before with wd40. I just used a spanner & hammer which eventually freed it up. Still yet to replace mine trying to cure a misfiring issue first then gonna clean it up see how that pans out.

Reactions: BenJee_S3
I replaced the b1s2 sensor on mine 2-3 months ago with a NGK one off ebay, much cheaper than the bosch ones, it's still early but not had any probs with it touch wood.

well luckily I work at CAS so I get Bosch and NGK lambdas at cost :)

Already had mine out, the heat shield isnt in the way, you cant miss it tbh. I would suggest spraying it up 24hrs before with wd40. I just used a spanner & hammer which eventually freed it up. Still yet to replace mine trying to cure a misfiring issue first then gonna clean it up see how that pans out.

ah good, yeah ill soak it before hand then and have a whack tomorrow :) thanks for the speedy replies

Maybe not at cost but definitely cheaper than standard trade!! I'll get a price for you tomorrow ;) post cat lambda same as mine right?

PRE CAT (Downpipe). 6 pin or 4 pin?

(2002 BAM S3 8L)

Can some post a pic... Don't want buy the wrong one.

Thanks guys.
Joe

Pre cat lambda on a BAM is 6 pin (wideband)... Just make sure it's a bosch sensor

<tuffty/>

Hi pal... Got it :) - 6 pin for downpipe near the turbo.

and the 4 pin? - for the post cat // near the cat underneath the car, itself?

Any particular brand to go with for that?