Badger5Monster Motorsport
    3rd Gear

Status

whats it worth? turbo,

i bought it not so long ago from a guy who had it built from universal turbos, its a k03s with k04 internals, rated for 260bhp, it was built about 4 months ago and looks very very clean, no play in the shaft atall, i think it still has warenty, i will not be using this turbo as i need to get a new clutch cat back flywheel ect and cant afford to get it all done and need the money, what whould o be looking to ask for this? thanks

im going to call universal turbos tomorrow to get the date it was built if anyone is interested...
    Last edited by James TQ; 11th February 2013 at 17:48.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by James TQ View Post
    i bought it not so long ago from a guy who had it built from universal turbos, its a k03s with k04 internals, rated for 260bhp, it was built about 4 months ago and looks very very clean, no play in the shaft atall, i think it still has warenty, i will not be using this turbo as i need to get a new clutch cat back flywheel ect and cant afford to get it all done and need the money, what whould o be looking to ask for this? thanks

im going to call universal turbos tomorrow to get the date it was built if anyone is interested...
    I can't figure out what they've done here to build it! Its not a k04 comp housing . It looks like a k03s that had the silenced outlet chopped off and a k03 unsilenced welded on. Assuming you can get proof of warranty, age etc you might get around £300 but again without either a dyno print out or actual hard evidence it'll be hard to sell it. Shame you didn't have it running.

3rd Gear

Status
    ahh well i think im going to get a invoice from them before i sell it i dont want to miss inform anyone, can i bolt it onto my a3 as is without a map i dont want to shread the clutch, or get a map with low boost?