Well guys I finally bit the bullet and booked myself in to R-Tech last week, I went down with low hopes and came back over-joyed!!!
The first run on the rollers showed the car made 220bhp, which I was impressed with to say it's only supposed to be 210bhp standard! I have the following engine mods on an APY;
-Badger5 TIP and Jetex cone filter
-Relentless 3" Downpipe and de-cat with 2.5" powerflow de-cat back
-(very slightly leaky) Forge 008 DV... In need of a service kit
-N249 bypass and SAI disconnected
After about 12 runs on the Dyno with Nick data logging, me watching nervously on and Ben making me loads of coffee... After 3 hours it made 265bhp and 275ftlb!!! To say I was impressed is an under-statement! :D
On the road, it's just evil! The torque surge is unbelievable and it's just so rapid but safe... So it begs the question, why didn't Audi just make it with this power 12 years ago?
Here's a few pics
BEFORE YOU ALL GO!!! lol
I have a couple of problems I need to ask advice about!
Nick said I have a few problems...
1. My Forge 008 is leaking from the top cap... (on smoke testing the boost system that was one of the places it leaked slightly) Can you get hold of new screws (because the allen key part of the screw head has started to round off) and since I changed to the yellow spring ready for the re-map the top seal may be fubar too.
The following are pre-remap codes...
2. po116 g62 engine coolant temp sensor code - No idea what to do about this! Advice please
3. p1548 n75 - again no idea if this means it needs replacing or not, but Nick said it's "Lazy" causing a torque spike as you can see on the graph.
4. po107 mass air flow sensor - Nick said this will need replacing soon... It's not dead yet, but it's "dodgy" which I'm hoping is what's causing problem 5 and 6...
5. When I'm on the motorway, in say 5th or 6th gear, and I put my foot down. It will only boost to and hold 15psi, for about 5 or 6 seconds, then it will suddenly go up to 20 psi and the boost starts fluctuating (sounds like turbo flutter but on boost) Now I know it's not turbo lag, because why would it boost instantly to 15 psi, then take a further 5 or 6 seconds to reach 20psi... And then do that weird flutter thing.
6. Sometimes when setting off from junctions, take it steady in 1st and 2nd then put foot down in 3rd it will boost to about 22psi spike and then flutter like it does on the motorway before settling at about 18 psi.
Would the last 2 problems be associated with a lazy n75 and or faulty MAF?
Please note... In NO WAY am I blaming R-Tech for these problems, I understand re-maps bring underlying problems to the surface, I'm just trying to get some ideas before I bother Nick again because he is one busy man!