S3 8L 210 standard pistons

sje00

Reaction score
What is the limit of power/torque that you should run on a standard set of pistons in a 210 S3 8L?

I know that the ''Common way of thinking'' for Rods is 300bhp/300lb/ft torque (dependant on aggression of the delivery)

many thanks.

around 400hp...

<tuffty/>

are the 210 and 225 pistons the same? The 225 pistons a Mahle forged pistons arent they?

p.s. Read you whole blog, post by post - I love it man!! Would love to have an 'enthusiastic' drive with my Rallye up against it!

are the 210 and 225 pistons the same? The 225 pistons a Mahle forged pistons arent they?

p.s. Read you whole blog, post by post - I love it man!! Would love to have an 'enthusiastic' drive with my Rallye up against it!

Thank you :)

210/225 pistons are the same... my AMK is a 210... AFAIK all turbo 20v's use Mahle forged pistons (squeeze cast forgings)... I am now using Ibiza Cupra pistons which are a higher compression ratio but still 20mm pins

TBH I would be changing the pistons if I were building an engine for more horsepower than that purely as I wouldn't want a 450+hp engine thats got 100k miles on it... in which case I would go for an 82.5mm over bore and aftermarket pistons...

<tuffty/>

Thank you :)

210/225 pistons are the same... my AMK is a 210... AFAIK all turbo 20v's use Mahle forged pistons (squeeze cast forgings)... I am now using Ibiza Cupra pistons which are a higher compression ratio but still 20mm pins

TBH I would be changing the pistons if I were building an engine for more horsepower than that purely as I wouldn't want a 450+hp engine thats got 100k miles on it... in which case I would go for an 82.5mm over bore and aftermarket pistons...

<tuffty/>

My brothers been offered a GT2871R with .86 housing, and is wanting similar power and OEM looks you have created. You should be proud of yours mate! We both love it.

Thank you for the info mate.