AH FabricationsJMB Retrofits
    1st Gear

Status

S3 steaming windows!!

On my way to work today my audi decided it didn't want Demist the windows. Getting worse and worse as i drove regardless of temperature or fan speed or direction. The whole climate control fan speed seems slow and underpowered normally one press of the windscreen Demist button clears it and is normally powerful. I have noticed over the last 6 months or so upon startup with climate control still on...outside from engine it'd make a loud screeching noise. Possible related? Belts? No idea help! Also I have no vagcom ATM maybe pollen?

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    often get a screeching noise which last 3 seconds or so then stops, this is just afte you start the car too.
    Audi S3 2001 AMK, Milltek Cat-Back Exhaust, 18" TT Wheels, Black Leather Recaro, x1 Very Happy Driver

S3 Drift King!

Status
    S3's are sexy aren't they!

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

1st Gear

Status
    Yes they certainly are then have the cheek to demand £££'s spending on them at the drop of a hat
    Audi S3 2001 AMK, Milltek Cat-Back Exhaust, 18" TT Wheels, Black Leather Recaro, x1 Very Happy Driver

Midlands regional Moderator

Status

S3 steaming windows!!

Daft as it sounds, check your pollen filter, mine was choked up with crud and leaves and stifled the fan. May be a cheap fix

The screech, may be the belt on the ac compressor, as the climate kicks I. The compressor on full demist.
    Currently rolling in a SKODA!!!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrkon View Post
    Daft as it sounds, check your pollen filter, mine was choked up with crud and leaves and stifled the fan. May be a cheap fix

The screech, may be the belt on the ac compressor, as the climate kicks I. The compressor on full demist.

Thanks for the replys, changed the pollen filter seems to fixed my issue the old old was literally dripping of water.

Midlands regional Moderator

Status

S3 steaming windows!!

Quote Originally Posted by Greig300 View Post
    Thanks for the replys, changed the pollen filter seems to fixed my issue the old old was literally dripping of water.

Not sure if the 8l has them, but if it does, check the drain holes in the scuttle area (nearest the filter especially) and clean them out. On my A4 B5, they were full of crud and water as was my plenum area luckily I'd weather sealed my ecu box lol
    Currently rolling in a SKODA!!!

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrkon View Post

Is that what the screech is? Mine does it, and has done for a few years according to the receipts I have, but couldn't work out what it was. There was a mk1 TT doing it the other day outside my house and I ran out thinking someone was stealing my car LOL. I'll check the deflection of the belt then as it sounds like it's loose...mine only happens when it's cold though not on hot starts which makes sense that it's slightly loose. I thought it was a sticky start motor solenoid.
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport AUM K03S|Second owner|Forge 007p|CM TIP|Yellow Dogbone|Pipercross panel
    To Fit - Decat then Mapping WANTED: Audi A4 B7 or MK5 Golf GTi (manual)(Want to Buy December 2014 so Keep Me in Mind)

R-Tech Terrorist

Status
    Mine's been p*ssing me off lately... You start it from cold, turn the climate control on, then the aircon wont come on because it's so cold... Or that's what I think it is... It's really annoying because the weather is 90% sh*t and rainy, and when you get in it all the windows steam up. REALLY annoying -_-

1.8 litre porsche eater!

R-Tech Terrorist Squad - 265bhp & 275lbft

2nd Gear

Status
    Mine does that lately too. I'm gonna look at the pollen filter tomorrow then.

Proud owner of a:
    2.0T FSI quattro A4 S-line (saloon)
    Build thread
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s4-a4-a4-cab-b7-chassis/192911-just-another-build-thread.html

2nd Gear

Status
    if the scuttle pannel along the bottom of the windscreen isnt clipped in properly then water can get in there and into the pollen filter

Noggies ruuuule!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjiman46 View Post
    Mine's been p*ssing me off lately... You start it from cold, turn the climate control on, then the aircon wont come on because it's so cold... Or that's what I think it is... It's really annoying because the weather is 90% sh*t and rainy, and when you get in it all the windows steam up. REALLY annoying -_-
    Yeah my pre-facelift did this and pissed me off too. It doesn't come on below a certain outside temperature. I must say I think they fixed it on facelift as the a/c is always on and you have to press ECON to turn it off.

'S' Button engaged....

Status
    Usually getting rid of the dead hooker in the boot helps with the de-misting problems......... so I've heard...... truck driver told me.
    Write you're complaints about this joke to Jeremy Clarkson c/o BBC, London, W12.....
    With great power comes great responsibility.......