cost of roof repair

and32

Reaction score
hello I have a 2001 s3 and it has the beginning of rust starting on the roof rail, I went to my local audi dealer to try and claim under the 12 year corrosion warranty but they said its not covered because it hasnt rusted in the way stated in their terms and conditions. so instead they said they will send a report to audi uk to try and get them to pay through a good will gesture, audi said they will pay 70% towards the cost which I thought was good untill I got the quote from the bodyshop, he said the cost of the job is 1075 pounds so I will pay 322 pounds. I think this is a lot and can anyone tell if this is right or what the cost should be.

yes but I think they doin tboth but then again im not sure

Well I would get a written quote from them as you don't want one doing as chances are the other one isn't far behind.
The best way to know if its going is to clean the car and then run your fingertips along the groove,I tried to visually check and saw nothing but felt the imperfections straight away,that was advice given by my mate who happened to work at the dealers body shop.
I would say the price quoted is high considering they said they'll pay toward it,maybe they are having you pay 100% without you knowing it.

I visited Wolverhampton Audi with both of my roof rails rusting, they took photos etc and sent off to Audi UK.

They later came back to me with an offer to respray both roof rails, whole roof and for blowing into rear quater panel almost down to the passenger door.

They offered 70% which resulted in me paying £215 and it's made the car look a whole lot better.

The garage they use is well known in my area as they spray for Porsche, BMW, Audi and others, so they are no monkeys either.

Sounds alot for what they are doing on your car mate

Oh, they don't offer the rubber aerial seal either so you will need to get that yourself, I did anyway.

Only a couple of quid of eBay but they fitted it for free.

Oh, they don't offer the rubber aerial seal either so you will need to get that yourself, I did anyway.

Only a couple of quid of eBay but they fitted it for free.

I was one of the lucky ones and managed to get it all done for nowt - thanks to Audi in Coulsdon. They managed to completely ****** up the rubber aerial seal. I pointed it out (god knows why they could not see this themselves) to them and asked for them to put it right. Booked in again and got it replaced for free.
Maybe they see me as a possible future customer with money in my pockets....oh maybe it was all that chrome - here's a man with style ! and....I am now about to hear all the quick witted comments back :)