Reasons to love your S3 - S3 owners only please! :-)

s3dave

TFSI Hybrid
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.stainless-engineering.co.uk
Took a random photo, and look at them Arches, ...:wub:

IMG_0789.jpg
A prize for the first person guessing what is missing in this photo from a standard S3.....(alloys not included)

Last edited:
I have the same feeling....

The curves of those arches... Mmmmm :p

And missing is the lock/barrel on the handle

The letter 'S' and the number '3'

There's a smugness when you tell someone you have an S3, sounds 100x better than A3! :cool:

<flamesuit on>

Reactions: kennymc and liquids3
I hate it when people say I have an a3, excuse me?! Lol

Reactions: Benjiman46
I hate it when people say I have an a3, excuse me?! Lol

Yeh I get that, "Still got the A3?" Hmmmm.... * Quieter voice* "It's an S3...".

I like how I can do 150 miles without stopping and get out and feel like I've just gone round the corner, comfortable and quiet - prehaps due to my standard suspension and exhaust!

Reactions: s3123
What the hell is going on here?! There shouldn't be a lock on the drivers side, passenger side only. Plus Dave, have you wrapped your rear lights?

I was looking at my car yesterday thinking I could do with getting another set of spacers to fill my arches.

Oh and I'm too sure if I love my S3 at the moment........ once it's had a proper clean for a car show I'll fall back in love with her.

Reactions: liquids3
Why the snobbery over being confused with an A3?

From my point of view I wouldn't say it's snobbery. At the end of the day I own an 11 year old £3k Audi so it's nothing to be that snobby about at all. I just get annoyed with uneducated people saying "you have an A3" when I actually have an S3 and there were quite a few differences between the two from the factory.

From my point of view I wouldn't say it's snobbery. At the end of the day I own an 11 year old £3k Audi so it's nothing to be that snobby about at all. I just get annoyed with uneducated people saying "you have an A3" when I actually have an S3 and there were quite a few differences between the two from the factory.

Guess so, I see my car (and S3's) as a total bargain, performance for price they are very good at the moment. Nothing to be ashamed of about it being an 11 year old Audi, if you get what I mean.

"Normal" people always confuse my car with an S3, I just go along with it safe in the knowledge that I could tell them anything and they'd not know any different haha :p

Best get out there and wash it Westy! Plus you hardly drive it in anger these days so you probably forget how good it is to drive lol.

And no one answer Jardos question for the sake of the thread being turned to sh1t!

Reactions: Westy
So jardo says to people that he has an S3? ;)

Reactions: camscockle20vT and Benjiman46
Well his car does have s3 wheels, seats and steering wheel...maybe he's got an a3 inferiority complex :whistle2:

Sorry to burst ur bubble dude but his wheels aren't from an s3 :/

I love my s3 as i only started to drive it on wednesday and it feels so much smoother than the a3 most probably because it has a standard exhaust and standard suspension?????

Agree with the pleasure of being able to say an S3.

What I disslike it when I ask for part prices over the phone or book in for something where I've not been before and they ask the make of car etc and after I call it an S3 they go on to refer to it as just an A3.

I'm not snobby by the way lol :D but I own an S3 and like to call it an S3. Pretty sure people don't refer to an RS4 and a sporty A4 avant!!!

Agree with the pleasure of being able to say an S3.

What I disslike it when I ask for part prices over the phone or book in for something where I've not been before and they ask the make of car etc and after I call it an S3 they go on to refer to it as just an A3.

I'm not snobby by the way lol :D but I own an S3 and like to call it an S3. Pretty sure people don't refer to an RS4 and a sporty A4 avant!!!
Just ignore the peasants :detective2:

Reactions: Westy
my reasons
Its 2 door, quattro, manual gearbox and its going to make big power, and dont forget the wheel arches :hubbahubba:

Oh yes, and it never came with DSG :puke2: