Sky InsuranceChris Nott
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Reasons to love your S3 - S3 owners only please! :-)

Down under

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    Oi! TimeZoneSammy, that argument finished last night!

Get with the times man
    Haha sorry I'm in Thailand with ropey internet
    Handling mods++. GTX30 soon-ish. Hiding parts from the mrs since 2011. Build thread

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PiranhaMan View Post
    nice rims... are they rota grid drifts??
    Yep
    Audi S3 [AMK 1.8T]

Mods:
    N249 Bypass
    Revo STG 1
    Rota Grid Drift 9.5J alloys
    AP coilovers
    PCV oil catch can (to atmosphere)

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by turnstyle View Post
    Yep
    nice choice mate.... i want the same on mine
    ..... are they 18's and did u need adaptors?.... the ones ive seen online say there not suitable for 8l s3's
    m19lte likes this.
    2002 Audi S3
    Ming Blue
    "Gasses go into the turbocharger and spins it... witchcraft happens and you go faster" - Jeremy Clarkson

Money grabbing s3!

Status
    ..... are they 18's and did u need adaptors?.... the ones ive seen online say there not suitable for 8l s3's
    Try 'rimstyle.com' mate, I had a look yesterday they have plenty of Rota wheels that fit the 8l mate.

Audi s3 goodwood green, BAM, n249 delete, 80mm TIP, s2000 air-filter, new turbo, ap coil overs, lots of poly bushes, 15mm spacers all round rolling on 18'' RSTT's

Neutral

Status
    Yup 18" mate. 5x100 pcd so straight fit. Offset was a bit tricky so im led to believe, but im sure i could dig that info out if you want it.
    It was the last owner that fitted them so i cant take any credit for the style choice. But he did buy them direct from rota to get them spot on.
    Plus these are 9.5j so are feckin wide

he did well though as i get full lock without rubbing. and no rubbing on rear.

Only time ive had any issues was when the car was fully loaded up with kit, me & wife, and we hit a dip on motorway at 70 - front bumper scraped
    Audi S3 [AMK 1.8T]

Mods:
    N249 Bypass
    Revo STG 1
    Rota Grid Drift 9.5J alloys
    AP coilovers
    PCV oil catch can (to atmosphere)

1st Gear

Status
    i love my s3 because.......[/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

she always looks fresh after a wash and wax!
    Last edited by ali50ferrari; 14th February 2013 at 23:50.
    The preacher is pious oh lord for he is scared of hell, where as me I sinned freely trusting in your mercy.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by turnstyle View Post
    Yup 18" mate. 5x100 pcd so straight fit. Offset was a bit tricky so im led to believe, but im sure i could dig that info out if you want it.
    It was the last owner that fitted them so i cant take any credit for the style choice. But he did buy them direct from rota to get them spot on.
    Plus these are 9.5j so are feckin wide

he did well though as i get full lock without rubbing. and no rubbing on rear.

Only time ive had any issues was when the car was fully loaded up with kit, me & wife, and we hit a dip on motorway at 70 - front bumper scraped
    thanks for that mate... really helpful

and yeah if you could send me any info you have about the offset that would be great

im not too clued up with this sort of thing so the more i know before i buy the better
    2002 Audi S3
    Ming Blue
    "Gasses go into the turbocharger and spins it... witchcraft happens and you go faster" - Jeremy Clarkson

4th Gear

Status
    TBH i think the mines better than yours is just plain banter, lets face it both the S3 and A3 can make the same power without mods on the inside, just using the Ko4 turbo, you see the A3 TQS (like Ron) is almost a middle ground, its an A3 but with the running gear and suspension set up off an S3, ok the roll bars and springs will be different, but my point is this, take a 3dr TQS and an S3 now the S3 has flaired arches (i like alot) better brakes (a must imho) better seats and cluster, and 35bhp more,

I think ive made it clear i do love the S3, But most people that have a clue about cars knows an S3 is quick, most will think the A3 isnt, would i have an S3 Hell yes at the drop of a hat, just because ive got an A3 i do share the running gear with Rons bigger brother so im half way there

Banters good, it makes you smile (sometimes) makes you cry at other times, ASN/ the 8L section is the best forum im on, who cares if my A3 cost £200 and so in sos S3 cost them 8Grand, the end of the day we all love the same model, the 8L

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    fcn beautiful man.....

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ali50ferrari View Post
    i love my s3 because......

Because she will get you up any farm track in the country thanks to her epic ground clearance

On a serious note, that's beautiful, it just needs lowered, quite a lot! or bigger tyres for anti-stance!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    Because she will get you up any farm track in the country thanks to her epic ground clearance

On a serious note, that's beautiful, it just needs lowered, quite a lot! or bigger tyres for anti-stance!
    Na dude its lowered by 20mm on front amd 25mm on rear with eibach springs standard shocks, fully polybushed with 8.5x18 front and 9.5x18 on rear 3sdm 00.1 and also 15mm spacers on the rears with a front neuspeed antiroll bar, that pic was when it was first lowered and i painted the calipers, now they have bedded the arches have coverage nicely with rimmage lol but still comfy to drive!
    The preacher is pious oh lord for he is scared of hell, where as me I sinned freely trusting in your mercy.

6th Gear

Status
    Get some up to date pics up then!

Cactus green 8L S3 - B5 TIP + Jetex, Revised 007p, R32 rear ARB, AP Coilovers, Compbrake rear arms, Full Powerflexed dogbone.

1st Gear

Status
    Yea I agree, don't quite know what it is but love working on her n every time I go out in it it gives me an instant smile :-)

1st Gear

Status
    little bit up to date pictures
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

6th Gear

Status
    Very nice.
    2000 AMK S3, Revo'd, forge 007p, B8's, H&R's, tarox g88's, ferrodo ds2500's, and in the fastest colour

4th Gear

Status
    Damn those alloys are sexy!

S3 AMK 2002. Only 203 BHP left in my poor little engine, currently searching for the 7 missing horses.
    Mods: Powerflex bushes at the front and rear, 710P DV, ambient light module, Badger5 V3 TIP, S2000 Filter.

Whats going on???

Status

My Social Networking

Visit s3 Hoggy's Instagram Channel
    Yellow Brembo's and your done
    2002 S3 REVO
    Milltek, Sachs Organic clutch, 007p, Genuine RSTT's, BBS RS2's
    Koni FSD & H&R springs, Neuspeed 22mm rear ARB, KW tie arms
    LCR Brembo's with DS2500's & Paul's 300mm Rear disc kit,
    Michelin Pilot Sport 3's,Badger5 V2.2 Jetex filter & heatshield

1st Gear

Status
    yeh i would really like yellow brembos but i gotta source some in the mean while i just painted my standard ones yellow coz my fogs are tinted yellow, i keep ma rims clean man polish them with poorboy's wheel sealant and they stay fresh !

Flat Oot like a ducks Foot

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 16Klappe View Post
    They do leak like **** to be fair haha!

My car is "just another A3" though, and I would confidently say that as a performance hatchback (which is what we are saying here) it is one of the very best cars that you can buy for the money.

Be it an A3, a TQS or an S3 they are all great cars. But when you get to this level of perfection personal preference comes in; I prefer FWD and people who can't drive prefer AWD and wheel arches. It is as simple as that
    Meh. Can't say I've ever needed the 4WD in the dry, only ever found it kicking in on snow or greasy roads...

I don't see how wide arches are for people who can't drive either.

All in all tho, I've had a tdi A4, S2, S4 & a 996, but kept the S3 for going 7 years now & it is without a doubt the best car I've owned!
    No offence to the TQS / A3 crowd, but IMHO they look dated now & remind me of the old nissan micra advert with the bubble shaped drawing.

I still say the S3 looks good even at 10 years old & despite what people say, the seats are super comfy even with a buggered back! That lumbar support makes all the difference!
    ...... Waiting Paitently...

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status

Reasons to love your S3 - S3 owners only please! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by S3quatt View Post
    Meh. Can't say I've ever needed the 4WD in the dry, only ever found it kicking in on snow or greasy roads...

I don't see how wide arches are for people who can't drive either.

All in all tho, I've had a tdi A4, S2, S4 & a 996, but kept the S3 for going 7 years now & it is without a doubt the best car I've owned!
    No offence to the TQS / A3 crowd, but IMHO they look dated now & remind me of the old nissan micra advert with the bubble shaped drawing.

I still say the S3 looks good even at 10 years old & despite what people say, the seats are super comfy even with a buggered back! That lumbar support makes all the difference!
    Don't listen to Jardo mate he can't drive anyway so not sure what FWD or Quattro has to do with it.

I've noticed that the Quattro has become a lot more beneficial now I have more power. It really can be felt in all conditions even the dry. I've also managed to light up all 4 wheels before in the dry, all be it with budget tyres.
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

2nd Gear

Status
    Now my project has begun, I feel the s3 love, she was called "fat alice" now she is "alice the audi". I think some more power 300bhp +, 10mm extra lows on the front and some nice team dynamic 12.1 in that grey colour and she should look good.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234