Shiny bits, going to be very busy tomorrow!!

slowcoach3

Reaction score
IMAG0176.jpg

Should be lots of fun fitting this little lot, at least done in one hit there should be a noticable difference. There had better be anyway! i'm in Devon if anyone is bored enough to want to help lol

Nice bits, you going to fit them yourself in one hit :thumbsup:

Just off the a30 near Okehampton, backcountry lol
Yup, aiming for one day but allowing for two, got some inside space with lights so daylight isn't an issue. The mrs might be though

How much the kit set you back? Looking forward to seeing the results.

Good luck with your project, cant wait for the results. :) x

Been there, done this, got the sad little t shirt.......... I wouldn't want to do it again even though I have a bit more knowledge now having done it before (3 times fitting fmic) , and I had access to ramps the times I've done these jobs.

Good luck mate! Have fun ...... :)

Sean

Jesus Sean, thanks for being so confidence inspiring. Its a case of diy or pay a garage a shed load, no point being an enthusiast if you don't scrape and bruise a few knuckles once in a while. Everybody else, cheers!
Dan, I'm poor after getting married so went budget shopping, got a VERY good deal on the fmic and mani after shopping around and bought the DP/decat direct from xs power for 220 delivered which is pretty fair.

Lol ! I wasn't trying to put you off mate. A couple of tips then

Fmic , bumper removal guide on here look it up. Take bumper off , battery out, air box, headlight ect and it makes it a lot easier IMO to access everything.
Downpipe, I wasn't careful at all because I didn't want to save the old one, so let's say with a large hammer and a grinder I removed a lot of it first lol. It's a tight fit with the new one.

Just take your time with it follow some of the guides on here you should be fine, it's just very time consuming I found .

Sean

Cheers mate, thanks for that. I'm not expecting it to be quick and easy so I'm not going to be in a hurry, already bought new cutting discs for the grinder and I live on a farm so I've got lots of big breakers bars and udeful bits! its just subtle things i'm missing lol

If you manage to get it all done in a day, you deserve a medal.
it took me most of the day to fit my downpipe, half a day to fit the fmic and I have heard that fitting the exhaust mani is a pita.
if I was you I would consider removing the head, that way you can fit the DP, mani and turbo with a lot less scraped knuckles.
good luck with the install, nothing is more satisfying than DIY !
hope you stocked up with beer :happy: