What the hell is wrong with the shed now?!

Benjiman46

R-Tech Terrorist
Reaction score
Morning everyone!

I've got issues with the S3 again!!! This time electrically related...

For a while now, every time it rains or if I have the car washe, the rev counter has been having small seizures... Revving up and up then dropping down to idle and flicking all over the place when the actual engine revs are normal (more-so when the revs are held constant) but that I could live with...

What has now started happening, which is really bothering me... Is that every time I put the car in reverse, the tacho drops to zero (with the engine still running) and after a couple of seconds the oil pressure warning (3 beeps and a red oil can) sounds off.

Before all you scare mongers say stop driving there's no oil pressure... I have a seperate pressure gauge and that reads fine! ;)

I'm just totally stumped by what is causing this... Has anyone else had this happen before? If so how do you fix it?

I'm off to R-tech tomorrow for a remap and they say they're happy to map it as it is... i just want it sorted -_-

Any help will be appreciated! :)
Cheers
Ben

I reckon water is getting in somehwere......or am i being too obvious :ninja:

Hopefully you get it sorted and doesnt cost the earth because electrical stuff is always a pain!

Last edited:
Reactions: Benjiman46
Possibly water in ecu plug or relay box under the scuttle mate

Reactions: Benjiman46