Unichips

smoothy

Reaction score
I herd from someone in the know that there is a new version of Unichip due very soon that will be compatible with the S3. I was told that it allows the operator to map the car Live, i.e. as it is running unlike AMD/Star etc who have to reburn the EPROM every time to make a change.

Does anyone know anything about this or have any knowledge/experience with Unichips. Also any general thoughts please?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dastek unichip... is this simply not a piggyback ECU?

Very popular and widely used. I thought it was compatible with any car? Didnt realise it didnt work with VAG 1.8t?

[ QUOTE ]
Dastek unichip... is this simply not a piggyback ECU?

Very popular and widely used. I thought it was compatible with any car? Didnt realise it didnt work with VAG 1.8t?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah thats the one! Thats just impression I got as the guy was on about a new version thats coming out in the next few weeks.

So has anyone tried it, can better results be had? Or is it pointless?

Or maybe it hasn't been compatable with the 1.8T!

I take it your talking about Gerry at dastek uk,the latest unichip is still a piggyback but is now compatible with the complex bosch me7.The MD of dastek in SA has a s3 so it should work well.Gerry also has a great reputation as a dyno operator.Give it a go and let us know your results.

Actually Ryan it was Gavin Wallace of Wallace performance in aberdeen who have are a Dastec dealer with a Dastec RR.

Yeah I'm really considering it, need to do a bit more research but I understand there are alot of thinks that can be added and controlled by the Unichip too.

If you want the best out of it take it too dastek uk,Gerry is very good and actually mapped the md of dastek own s3!!!
No offence to gavin but gerry knows the unichip inside out.