Ebay turbo - good idea or bad idea?

interesting references they make on their advert
seems like what samb got sent as a sample

ported they say... hmmm
pictures would help

beachbuggys dissected samb k04 hybrid.. some bearing issues on it

As it stands its not the great a value but get it fitted with an rs6 turbine, ported and decent bearing and it may stand a chance...

It does mention CR,,, he would prob get better sales if he said they come from China....:lmfao:
Dont say that... I've just got one from cr a little while ago for my build :-/

interesting references they make on their advert
seems like what samb got sent as a sample

ported they say... hmmm
pictures would help

beachbuggys dissected samb k04 hybrid.. some bearing issues on it

Thats jason from Xspower eBay shop. Don't buy it

Everything is made in China these days so please don't generalise that all turbos are bad from there, it's just making sure you get a decent one. Just like you wouldn't buy a car from a butchers. Not everything made in Europe, UK, USA or wherever is perfect.

Granted, if they've been tested and are ****e, then they're ****e. That said, as a turbo is a pretty much vital part of the engine I'd be wanting some guarantees, warranty and peace of mind that it's going to last 50k+ miles at least so don't scrimp.

Just get a turbo done from dan! Atleast you'll know it's quality assured!

Everything is made in China these days so please don't generalise that all turbos are bad from there, it's just making sure you get a decent one. Just like you wouldn't buy a car from a butchers. Not everything made in Europe, UK, USA or wherever is perfect.

Granted, if they've been tested and are ****e, then they're ****e. That said, as a turbo is a pretty much vital part of the engine I'd be wanting some guarantees, warranty and peace of mind that it's going to last 50k+ miles at least so don't scrimp.

whilst China keep selling shyte and sellers keep pushing that shyte to customers I will for one continue to make people aware of the RISKS

Buyer Beware.

Of course majority of goods we all use are sadly from CN, and Brand Name goods are in the main fine.. The things we're referring to here however are not in the same league and should come with a big Disclaimer... At your Risk Mr Customer..

Copyists, ebay is full of them.

Dont say that... I've just got one from cr a little while ago for my build :-/

Oh dear, you poor *******.

My CR turbos K04 hybrid showed some serious signs of wear after just 4000 miles on the car, and when dismantled, it had been put together with incorrect parts, and without the rebuild, it was on an unavoidable path to self destruction. It almost certainly wouldn't have made it to 10k miles.

Oh dear, you poor *******.

My CR turbos K04 hybrid showed some serious signs of wear after just 4000 miles on the car, and when dismantled, it had been put together with incorrect parts, and without the rebuild, it was on an unavoidable path to self destruction. It almost certainly wouldn't have made it to 10k miles.
You *******!! now im propper paranoid!! lol think its worth letting beachbuggy check it over (if he would)? its bills speck from them so hopfully all is well BUT cant be two careful.....

Dan is the mutts nuts at building turbos, my Ko4 he rebuilt has just put out 290 brake Rtech :)