Anyone fitted a SEAT Leon Cupra R Lower Strut Brace?

Markb

Reaction score
As subject has anyone fitted one of these to their cars? As I believe they fit perfectly and do not sit too low?

As I've got an OMP one at the minute and it sits far too low.

Cheers Mark.

Its the same as the S3 item.

Heres a pic of it fitted to an Octavia, but you get the idea.

fitment.sized.jpg

Ah right I see.

You know what my next Q is going to be then? LOL

Have you got a part number for the S3 item? Also might as well get the upper while I am at it.

I'll give you all the part numbers for the bits, but I think you can order them as a kit which will prob just have a single number.

Brace - 8N0 199 403 B
M10x50 bolts (x2) - N 104 176 01
Washer (x2) - N 904 733 01
Riveted Cap Nut (x2) - N 908 106 01

Pic of kit.

kit_001.jpg

Cheers HTC. By the way what is your proper first name? Instead of calling you HTC all the time LOL. Is it Kev? I seem to rememeber someone saying that in a previous thread?

Also the 2 pictures your posted from briskoda don't seem to be displaying. Have you got the link to the thread? Or was it from the gallery?

Cheers Mark.

just wondering if the nuts and bolts used to hold the lower brace will fit for mounting the upper s3 brace.

Just wondering kev, which bar is more effect to stiffen the front of the car. Will the bottom one but just as good as the upper one or do they work best if the are both installed.

thanks

To be honest, there are better people on here to comment about handling.

But I'll add what I can. looking at the front of the car, think of the chassis as a box.

The two strut towers are the sides of the box and the subframe is the bottom.

I can see the use in adding the upper strut brace as this would complete the box if see what I mean.

As for the lower brace, I'm not sure how much effect it will have as it sits a little way in front of the box section of the subframe.

Personally I won't be fitting either as I haven't felt the need to as I don't seem to run my car to its limits on my daily drive.
If I attended track meets, then it would probably be a different story.

Anyways, heres where I as for Ess_three to comment.