'0-300' A3AH build thread

A3AH

Reaction score
Recently bought an AUDI S3 in go faster black (Will attach pictures when i get home from work), friend has a renault megane F1, and Another friend has a Focus ST. (will insert both of these also).
using this as a bit of a log for two things:

1. My standard to tuned thread
2. Our cadwell park rivalry - taking place in march or april.

First off, The To-Do List:

All of this Will be ordered on Friday.

-Quantum platinum Oil and filter change.
-Spark plugs
-New Mass Air Flow Sensor
-Coilovers (Fk AK street)
-Wishbone bushes
-Dogbone engine mount bushes
-Black Diamond Combi Front Discs
- Ferodo DS2500 pads
-Polybush Top Mounts
-Haldex Oil and Filter

-Forge 007p Diverter valve
-Badger5 v3 80mm TIP + Jetex and Heatshield
-Pipewerx 3" DP + decat
-R-tech Stage 1 remap.
-Rota grid + Goodyear Eagle F1 (If funds Allow)

The renault Megane F1 is being remapped at RS tuning tomorrow, has a KTR panel filter, Forge Dump Valve and a Miltek Decat downpipe. The ST3 has a Stage 1 remap, a panel filter and a cat back exhaust.
Will Update with photos tonight, and photo update the S3 in the making.

Aaron.

Last edited:
Audi S3
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359999362858687
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359999380001106
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359999405962764
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359999430157855

Focus ST
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359999462364854
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359999473166272

Megane F1
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359999935958506
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359999946509785
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360000000666441

What's the mileage on yours?.... How is it's health in general?

Cadwell park is not a bad track, I'd be weary of the st if he's a good driver , they have bags of torque at stage 1 ( aslong as it's decent map like pumaspeed) .........

Sean

I came across a burnt orange megane F1 225 with some Ktec stickers in the window and a pikey exhaust on saturday heading back from JKM, he appeared a few cars back, and drove very dangerously weaving through traffic to get level with me on the dual carriage way, so I ignored him, he pulled ahead and I pulled out behind him.

He was angryily flashing his lights at the car in front to get him to move so we could 'race'

Car in front moved, megane dropped a cog and floored it, i waited a few seconds for good measure, then floored it, and appeared in his mirror at such a rate of knots whilst he was still flat out that I think he quite literally **** himself. I had to slam on the anchors to avoid eating the nasty french bean tin.

Mr. Pikey: if you're out there, your renault is not fast. Sorry. Don't pick on crash damaged dirty audis :racer:

Reactions: Squirrelofdoom, guzzy_431, feck_on_a_stick and 4 others
What's the mileage on yours?.... How is it's health in general?

Cadwell park is not a bad track, I'd be weary of the st if he's a good driver , they have bags of torque at stage 1 ( aslong as it's decent map like pumaspeed) .........

Sean

Just turning 90k - One Owner FSH, Gonna Give it a full once over, as i've only had it 3 weeks now. Done round london in it everyday to work and also numerous trips up the A1 and M11. I'm not a mechanic or an expert but it feels very firm.

The Megane F1 mapped will be about 270bhp and 300 lbs of torque with less weight than both and a LSD, I was thinking that would be more of a threat than the ST3. The owner of the ST3 is trying to find which remap the car has, as he bought it from a garage and it wasn't specified. I think it's around 310lbs of torque though.. So yeah pretty damn lethal.

I came across a burnt orange megane F1 225 with some Ktec stickers in the window and a pikey exhaust on saturday heading back from JKM, he appeared a few cars back, and drove very dangerously weaving through traffic to get level with me on the dual carriage way, so I ignored him, he pulled ahead and I pulled out behind him.

He was angryily flashing his lights at the car in front to get him to move so we could 'race'

Car in front moved, megane dropped a cog and floored it, i waited a few seconds for good measure, then floored it, and appeared in his mirror at such a rate of knots whilst he was still flat out that I think he quite literally **** himself. I had to slam on the anchors to avoid eating the nasty french bean tin.

Mr. Pikey: if you're out there, your renault is not fast. Sorry. Don't pick on crash damaged dirty audis :racer:

PMSL! Glorious prawn! Wish I was there,

Sean

Prawn yours is a very very beautiful exception to most :) i remember it when I took the A3 to r-tech. What a beautiful machine haha.

Just turning 90k - One Owner FSH, Gonna Give it a full once over, as i've only had it 3 weeks now. Done round london in it everyday to work and also numerous trips up the A1 and M11. I'm not a mechanic or an expert but it feels very firm.

The Megane F1 mapped will be about 270bhp and 300 lbs of torque with less weight than both and a LSD, I was thinking that would be more of a threat than the ST3. The owner of the ST3 is trying to find which remap the car has, as he bought it from a garage and it wasn't specified. I think it's around 310lbs of torque though.. So yeah pretty damn lethal.

The megane will blow up don't worry lol,

Yeh just hope the st doesn't have a pikey remap. Should be fun at cadwell park though , I've only got a stock Leon cupra r at the minute or I would join in . Might see if guzzy fancies it , he's running a stage 2 s3 at the minute.

Sean

The megane will blow up don't worry lol,

Yeh just hope the st doesn't have a pikey remap. Should be fun at cadwell park though , I've only got a stock Leon cupra r at the minute or I would join in . Might see if guzzy fancies it , he's running a stage 2 s3 at the minute.

Sean

More the merrier, see you've had some beautiful japanese ek9's too? I won't go anywhere near cadwell till everything on that list is on my car - with the exception of the rota grids.

Put a rear arb on your list. Dont be fooled by the other cars fwd, you'l understeer as much as them if not more.

Megane will be the one to beat.

Question tho, why are you so hung up comparing these cars??

at the end of the day, no matter what the outcome, at one of those dodgy mid-life-crisis type swinging house parties, your next door neighbours wife is always going to pick the audi keys over the ford or the renault, so you'll still be a winner in the long run ;)

Reactions: phil miller, Birdy and Goubo1
Put a rear arb on your list. Dont be fooled by the other cars fwd, you'l understeer as much as them if not more.

Megane will be the one to beat.

Question tho, why are you so hung up comparing these cars??

Not bothered about comparing them specifically, just 3 mates all with ego's with hatches so why not?

Majority of the time i'm sat on the A12 on the way home from work In 6th gear doing 40/50mph trying to get my tank to say 300Miles left.

which arb would you recommend good sir.

Edit: In all honesty I wouldn't expect to beat a Renault Megane F1 around cadwell park in a 13 year old Audi S3, but considering I'm going to tune it regardless, It just makes it a bit more exciting. I mean i smoke him on Forza 4 so why not smoke him IRL ;)

Lol jo, its not that bad at all, you just have drifting blood so it just happens.

To the op, id be doing:
Rarb (lol youre right prawn)
Coilovers
Geometry set up (quite track orientated)
Dam good tyres (on oem wheels, theyre light enough)
Map of some sort...
And doing track youre going to suffer from heat quickly so downpipe and fmic ideally.
Good pads and fluid is also essential.

Then, you might have a chance against the megane. The ST shouldnt be a worry, torque is too low down so they'l be gash out of corners. (mrs has an ST), theyre fast and a nice daily drive, but for track driving they'l be **** without lots of mods.

P.s. Stop your mates from modding too much, go the pub alot and make them spend their money.

Id imagine like for like, a megane f1 will run rings around the s3 on track. Having driven one they really are quite remarkable through the twisties

Reactions: A3AH
Lol jo, its not that bad at all, you just have drifting blood so it just happens.

To the op, id be doing:
Rarb (lol youre right prawn)
Coilovers
Geometry set up (quite track orientated)
Dam good tyres (on oem wheels, theyre light enough)
Map of some sort...
And doing track youre going to suffer from heat quickly so downpipe and fmic ideally.
Good pads and fluid is also essential.

Then, you might have a chance against the megane. The ST shouldnt be a worry, torque is too low down so they'l be gash out of corners. (mrs has an ST), theyre fast and a nice daily drive, but for track driving they'l be **** without lots of mods.

P.s. Stop your mates from modding too much, go the pub alot and make them spend their money.

Love the last part. So true, just to clarify its only going to Cadwell once. This is my daily car. Hence why the order of parts wasn't so track orientated. But ill deffo get the ARB on the list.

Last edited:
ive come from a ST with 320hp, 400 lbs of torque - colins performance cp320 map which was a modified RS map. Plus all the usual bolt on goodies. Massive motorway beast!
ST will be lethal in the straights if its dry.

but youll get the power down better through and out the corners imo. Unless he has a LSD?

Don't tell your mates before hand , then completely strip your car apart from the driver seat and steering wheel lol.

Giv you some extra power to weight for free , just your man hours. Should save you 100kilos approx.

Beware though it makes for a noisy ride. I did it on an ek9 I had with full mugen exhaust from manifold back, no joking I actually had to wear ear plugs on long journeys or I lay awake at night with my ears ringing. To be young and stupid lol

Sean

ive come from a ST with 320hp, 400 lbs of torque - colins performance cp320 map which was a modified RS map. Plus all the usual bolt on goodies. Massive motorway beast!
ST will be lethal in the straights if its dry.

but youll get the power down better through and out the corners imo. Unless he has a LSD?

The ST doesn't but the Megane certainly does.

I've opted for traffic light racing, that way I should win.

Don't tell your mates before hand , then completely strip your car apart from the driver seat and steering wheel lol.

Giv you some extra power to weight for free , just your man hours. Should save you 100kilos approx.

Beware though it makes for a noisy ride. I did it on an ek9 I had with full mugen exhaust from manifold back, no joking I actually had to wear ear plugs on long journeys or I lay awake at night with my ears ringing. To be young and stupid lol

Sean

Sounds like a brilliant idea, except I'm going to Caldwell for one day lol. I have some serious love for the ek9. If I was t 21 and didn't have issues insuring one I'm sure I would of had one.

Does the r32 bar really alter the handling that much? is it worth having?

Yes and yes is all you need to know. Understeer is almost gone completely other than wet conditions.

And thats with keeping the standard front arb?

Haha, sold. Would you pay £30 for one?

Sounds like a brilliant idea, except I'm going to Caldwell for one day lol. I have some serious love for the ek9. If I was t 21 and didn't have issues insuring one I'm sure I would of had one.

I bought mine (ek9) when I was 18 :-D

Lousy excuse mate lol get one bought! ......... They fetch daft money still

Sean

Reactions: A3AH
Yes, that's very cheap. They are only around £100 brand new from your local VW dealer with some new bushes. Tried to order it from Audi, they said it's a VW part only, yet they would sell me parts for my mk2 16v.

Jojo do you know the rear r32 arb part number ? I might ring tps for a quote. My mate was selling one off his Leon a while back think that was h& r though £70 , decent price I thought.

Sean

19mm front standard 19mm R32 rear, perfect. Just search and the numbers will come up straight away. Huge amount of threads on the subject.

19 front and rear the car becomes twitchy.
tight corners at speed no understeer but plenty of oversteer.
You get used to it though

Mine isnt twitchy at all.
understeers in the wet, wgich i like because its predictable.
ive not been able to find limits in the dry yet, just stays and goes wwhere you want it.

I bought mine (ek9) when I was 18 :-D

Lousy excuse mate lol get one bought! ......... They fetch daft money still

Sean

Too busy on my quest to make my S3 go fast :)

Reactions: s33nyboy12
It does if you release the throttle mid bend. Keep the power on in moderate amounts and it'll stay planted. It's only twitchy from weight transfer highlighted more from a stiffer rear end. You could still do that on the standard arb just didn't let go as quickly.

19 front and rear the car becomes twitchy.
tight corners at speed no understeer but plenty of oversteer.
You get used to it though

ive had the back end squeeling from powering on mid bend, but its not let go yet. and its feels like if it did it wouldnt snap out too violently....

...but i guess jojo thought the same until he went all DK at ADI

Just an update:

Just purchased Black diamond combi discs and ferodo DS2500 and FK AK street coilovers.

I'm going to get Quantum oil and filters from TPS tomorrow.

I want to change all the front wishbone bushes to power flex but I don't know which bushes I need.

Do I need front inner front and front inner rear?

If anyone could shed some light. If I've bought coilovers is it still worth changing top mount bushes also?

don't go powerflex, go SuperPro, and get the caster offset rear bushes for the front wishbones.

You need the front wishbone front bushes, which are most likely a 45mm bush on your S3, and the front wishbone rear bushes, with caster offset.

Definitely replace the top mounts and top mount bearings whilst you're doing coilovers, well worth doing and costs pence.

don't go powerflex, go SuperPro, and get the caster offset rear bushes for the front wishbones.

You need the front wishbone front bushes, which are most likely a 45mm bush on your S3, and the front wishbone rear bushes, with caster offset.

Definitely replace the top mounts and top mount bearings whilst you're doing coilovers, well worth doing and costs pence.

Audi S3 & Quattro (99-04) Rear Trailing Arm, Front Bush Kit - SuperPro Poly | eBay

Is this a complete bush for the wishbones?