Pre-facelift s3 parking sensors.

CMcKenzie

It's supposed to do that..
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
My neighbour reversed into my rear bumper causing it to split, but it's also damaged the surround on the parking sensor.
I have no idea if my sensors are factory fitted, so I don't know how easy it is to get a replacement part.
Would anyone be able to shed some light on it please? Is the collar a standard size and available over the counter from motor factors? Or will I have to get in touch with Audi?

Here's a pic of the part in question.

rear_bumper_damage2.jpg

Thanks,
Callum.

Get yourself registered on vagcat and then check the parts diagram section - the park sensors are listed under electrical systems - parking aid.

Thanks for the link, I can see that site being very useful.
I had a look at the diagram, it says 'no genuine parts for this model' Does that just mean it's a standard part and can be gotten from anywhere? Thanks,
Callum.

Just had a look under the "body section" - "Bumper Rear" the following part is listed
208L9807341B

insert piece / for vehicles with parking aid
rear / S3

The factory fitted parking sensors are in the grey insert - I'm not sure yours are original are they??

yeah I have seen them fitted into the grey trim, but I don't know if that's just on facelift models, they probably are not standard.
Cheers again mk1chopper for your help.
callum.