Arrgghh Brakes!!!

mark_S3

Team Silver
Reaction score
Right,

Back in October I had a sticky piston in my NSF caliper on my 2000 S3. So I stripped it down, cleaned the piston, popped it back in. Lubed it up. Gave the brakes a clean/service, used plastilube, etc then did the same to other side.
Then I bled the brakes, and pedal felt good but not as it was before.
Anyway a few weeks later I serviced the rear brakes... Strip, cleaned, etc..... And brakes still feel good.

Tbh the calipers could do with a good sand down and paint.

Btw I have Crossed/Grooved Discs with Mintex pads. Pads have plenty of life, and discs where fitted about 15000miles ago.

So the car was used lightly in December and since beginning of Jan it's done no miles.
Well jumped in it yesterday for its first drive for 4weeks and now every time I push the brake pedal I feel a grinding/judder motion through my right foot like it's ABS kicking it but it's not. NO movement or judder in the steering/wheel, just the brake pedal.
Had the wheels off briefly but everything looks ok. Fluid level on Max and no leaks.
Thinking the ABS sensor might have some dirt on it, but there again the brakes dont feel the best especially when you anchor on!

Anyone shine some light on this, before it goes to garage?
Cheers...