new member with few engine troubles...

finny

Reaction score
Alright folks,

After buying a black 03 plate s3 2 weeks ago with the engine management light on ana an aparent dodgy CTS i have replaced this and the thermostat and the light is now off after wiping codes and gauge goes up nicely once the car is warmed!

now...i have been told the car is 260bhp after a revo remap by the previous owner but i just dont think it is boosting like it should! id actually go as far to say that my ph1 172 clio has the edge over it.

so a little about the car if this helps! Its like i said an 03 so 225 bam engine with forge dv, forge intake hoses, pipercross panel filter aparent remap and has covered 106k

After replacing the CTS and stat i think it may have majorly dirty plugs and a blocked fuel filter so would this be a good idea to change or is there anything i can do to get he car boosting fully?

Cheers, Dan

Possibly got some sort of boost leak if it feels down on power.

If its still got all the original pipe work this is prone to splitting or becoming weak and compressing.

So best bet is give it a good check all about, If you look in the stickies you will find info on both the n249 pipe work and possible bypass mod. plus also info on the pcv system and also the mod to replace it with a catch can.

The other weak point is the original turbo intake pie which can also be uprated to an 80mm silicone version.

Might be the maf as they arnt the best , and could also be the n75 that controls the boost . The maf might not bring up a code but could still be cream crackerd hope this helps

sound cheers bud il have a look i heard about n249 on my previous a3 quattro sport but sold it befvore i ripped all of my hair out 1.8 T's have put 10 years on me so far so i must be mad buying another lol

Might be the maf as they arnt the best , and could also be the n75 that controls the boost . The maf might not bring up a code but could still be cream crackerd hope this helps

the maf is the sensor which is on the pipe from the airbox would i be correct? ive heard if i was to disconnect this if it was faulty it would run right?

If the MAF was faulty it would probably throw a fault code or there would be a fault code relating to an under or over reading MAF...

If you have access to VCDS I would in the first instance rescan for fault codes and then do some logging to see what the airflows are like...

I would also be looking to log boost request vs actual and timing pull...

<tuffty/>