Rear washer help

mattyboy199

Reaction score
My rear washer hasnt been working for a while, today i located the problem. I've found that plactic connector on the end of the hose which snaps on the rear of the motor has broken. I attemped to fit a seperate pipe to the motor end which worked however joining the 2 pipes proved difficult due to the system pressure (it just leaked). Has anyone had this problem before, i'm a bit stick with what to do, i even pushed the pipe over the nozzle & zipped tied it on but it still leaked.

Regards,

Matt

check the jet is not bocked, i dont thing there would be to much pressure in the line if the jet is clear, if its blocked then there would be a buld up of pressure and cause the joints to leak.

i have a connection on mine the original hose was leaking, i cut it and pushed the two ends into a small piece of fuel hose and this does not leak at all.

mark

Last edited:
Theres no blockage, it may have happened in cold weather or maybe a blockage at some point but it is now all clear. The issue i'm having is connecting the hose to the back of the motor washer inlet. The female plactic connect has now broken. I have since ordered a barbed 4mm inline hose connector & some 4mm PVC hose, this should sort it fingers crossed.

Check with audi there might be a repair kit available, I know they did one to fix the washer jet getting stuck and moving round with the wiper blade.

dont think i need the repair kit, the washer works its just the hose connector that is nackered.

The repair kit includes a new centre spine which replaces the connector you've broken (I believe)

This sorted it no problem ! barbed 4mm inline hose connector & some 4mm PVC hose. I had to heat the hose up with a lighter to stretch it over the male connector but it works a right treat ! less than £4 SWEET !