http://www.amdtechnik.com/product.de...eferenceID=190

Cheers

Damo

2. # ADS
    ADS

...Watching you!

Status

Re: has anyone got one of these fitted - Milltek Audi S3 98- CAT Back

You could just remove the centre box from your standard system and and replae with straight pipe and achieve the same effect. As has been said many many times on here, and proven on the rollers, exhausts do very little as they are not the restriction!

Rich

Status

If you want something that will sit squint, bang against the floorpan or Haldex carrier when hot, make not a lot more noise, and add absolutely nothing power wise...they are great...go for it.

I had one...and for 3 1/2 years struggled to get it to sit straight and stop banging...I failed.

David is still trying...and failing.

After 3 1/2 years of telling the manufacturer that it was crap...they still failed to do anything about it.

Also, in an independany dyno test before and after fitting...it added nothing - despite Milltek's claim.

So, all in all...not a particularly good buy...in fact, I wouldn't have another one within 100m of any of my cars...they are crap. Period.

Neutral

Status

Thanks for the advice! Thats a big NOOO then.

What can you recomend for a good exhaust??? I wnat a nice exhaust note too...loud is good.. Fed up of silent driving,

Cheers

...Watching you!

Status

[ QUOTE ]

What can you recomend for a good exhaust??? I wnat a nice exhaust note too...loud is good.. Fed up of silent driving,

Cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

Supersprint race system. Big bucks though! a cheaper alternative would be taking it somewhere like powerflow and having one custom made.

Rich

imported_Stewart

Had 3 of them on 3 different cars now and never had a problem.

Quality is excellent, service and support from Miltek themselves was also excellent.

On all 3 cars the fit was fine, if you know what you are doing and have access to a ramp then I cant understand what people are bleeting about.
    If the supplying dealer fits it then there should no problems, you just take it back and get them to sort it!
    If you do arrive at a dead end and still cant get a decent fit then I suggest get on to Miltek who will be only too glad to help (in my experience)

Also, each car was lowered massively on coilovers and still no problems!

...Watching you!

Status

I've never had a problem with my milltek either, its a perfect fit, but i think the 4wd models a bit more tricky

Rich

imported_fingermouse

[ QUOTE ]

Cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

its the quietness on my S3 that I love so I say stick with the std one. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/10_1_114.gif[/img]

5th Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    I've never had a problem with my milltek either, its a perfect fit, but i think the 4wd models a bit more tricky

[/ QUOTE ]

snap.

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Had 3 of them on 3 different cars now and never had a problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

...and I've had two of them on two different cars....and the fit in both cases was crap.

Not a patch on standard, nor Supersprint.

[ QUOTE ]

Quality is excellent, service and support from Miltek themselves was also excellent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe for you...
    But for me it was non-existant.

[ QUOTE ]

On all 3 cars the fit was fine, if you know what you are doing and have access to a ramp then I cant understand what people are bleeting about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah...that must be it...because having a ramp means that a crap fit mysteriously becomes a great fit..

I had mine fitted by the local Audi dealer (a freind of mine doing the work), Star Performance twice, and me twice...
    Each time the rear box sat squint or the tailpipes sat squint...never both straight because it wasn't built properly.

The noise was OK...about right in honesty...but it made no more power despite their claims.

Same story with my Golf GTI system...fit wasn't great, it meant bending all the brackets and mounting hardware to get it to fit straight, and the noise was stupid loud.
    The tailpipe didn't sit right either...
    I ended up binning it and fitting a Supersprint - which fitted first time, and doesn't knock or bang.

[ QUOTE ]

If the supplying dealer fits it then there should no problems, you just take it back and get them to sort it!
    If you do arrive at a dead end and still cant get a decent fit then I suggest get on to Miltek who will be only too glad to help (in my experience)

[/ QUOTE ]

Tried that...as suggested by Milltek.
    No joy...

I even had a chat with Rod Millington (I think that's his name) at both the Autosport Show and GTI International...but he did nothing but suggest I get it re-fitted. Great.

[ QUOTE ]

Also, each car was lowered massively on coilovers and still no problems!

[/ QUOTE ]

...which has nothing to do with bad build quality at all..
    How can other exhausts fit properly, but not the Milltek?

In my opinion - which they had 3 1/2 years to change - their exhausts are cheap, ill-fitting, overrated crap...sold at too high a price!

2nd Gear

Status

I fitted mines about six Months ago with the help of a friend, (with a big garage pit) and no problems with fit or the way it sits. Not as loud as I imagined but as it heats up it seems to get louder. (Nice boom). Would agree on the performance increase being of little effect, however I can't complain to much as I picked it up on Ebay for under 200 Great British Pounds. (Delivered) Only ran for three months previously, so super condition. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img]