Not a good start to the weekend

g60leigh

Reaction score
Well I'm having a bit of a bad start to the month.
Driving home from work, get round the corner from home and get some wheel wobble. So slow right down as nowhere to pull over.

Turn into my estate entrance to a loud thud and awful noise.
Pull to a stop to see this:

935C3EFE-481F-4B94-A6C3-C77F8FA01941-2448-00000151582991D0_zps523006e4.jpg

C6DF3BD2-82BA-4C55-9021-6F4F753695A2-2448-000001515E223ECA_zps2aff3025.jpg

Best I can tell is someone has had a go at steeling my alloys and had it away with some of my wheel bolts.

As i said on FB mate, some little ****s did both my front wheels last summer but caught them in time. Hope you catch the little *******s and skin the ****s.

I nearly crashed my 1.8 16v Clio a couple of yrs ago when somebody had a go at my wheels, come down a bypass 70+ mph, come into a corner and the car wouldn't turn, managed to control the car just to find both passenger wheels were loose and the front 1 had 1 wheel nut left which I managed to pull out with my fingers. W*nkers, the wheels weren't even that nice!!

Yeah I don't even like my alloys!
Little gets.
In work now and had a look at CCTV but the camera isn't pointing the right way to get a view of it?
Gutted!

I would be on a war path with my wheel spanner if that happened to me.
Has the wheel coming off damaged anything else?

Back in SA, I used to have 2 security bolts per wheel, 1 piece to deter wheel theft and 2nd piece to keep the wheel on if other bolts were stolen. It was very common to hear about people waking up to their cars sitting on bricks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be on a war path with my wheel spanner if that happened to me.
Has the wheel coming off damaged anything else?

Back in SA, I used to have 2 security bolts per wheel, 1 piece to deter wheel theft and 2nd piece to keep the wheel on if other bolts were stolen. It was very common to hear about people waking up to their cars sitting on bricks.

That sounds like a good idea mate, I might buy 5 sets of locking nuts. Is there anywhere that sells a pack of 20 locking nuts with the same pattern?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a lucky escape that the wheel didn't come off! Hope it all bolts back up and it's fine.

I would personally not use 5 different locking wheel nuts per alloy, they are not as strong as a normal wheel nut/bolt I think, and it would annoy you to take one wheel off with five different nut keys! :keule:

I hope there is not too much damage Leigh, def not a good start to the weekend. :) x

Got to have a good look when I get home after work today.
But looking last night all I can see is a bend to the brake dust shield.
Even the alloy looks fine.
Just a but stuck until I get my new longer wheel bolts (and lockers)

New bolts and locking bolts arrived today so all put back together and ready to go..... Except my battery is flat again :(

Just ordered a new Bosch S4 and stuck mine on charge.

Fingers crossed it will be good to go at 4am when I have to set off for work.