REVO st 2 or R-tech custom map?

slowcoach3

Reaction score
I am aware the obvious answer is the custom map but as ever its not that simple, first off I live in Devon so its a super long drive up to R-tech. I also already have revo st 1 map so the upgrade is only 50 notes, whilst the money isn't that important I don't want to only gain a couple of horses by going custom, what do you think could be had from a healthy s3 with B5 tip, Jetex, xs DP and mani, 3" cat back, wellycooler and the usual bits DV etc from a custom map?
If I was going hybrid right now I wouldn't even ask lol
Any thoughts appreciated

A car I built with that spec but with an Agu head, using a Revo stage 2 made 287bhp and 300ftlb.

Custom map will get the most out of it, Revo will work well though.

Go for r-tech. Niki's Tiv mapping is state of the art and tbh looks bluddy promising! If your disappointed with his map then ill sell my car. That's how confidant I am you'll love it.

Why don't you post on the Revo section asking about the tuning potential,I am sure they would be willing to help.

Bill @ Badger 5 does TiV mapping too... in case you hadn't realised :)

<tuffty/>

Oh yeah Bill does it too lol. Either one, bill or niki's maps, If your unhappy then ill sell up! Hopefully ill be getting a badger 5 custom sometime this year. ;)

And your car will still be slow gops :) haha.

cheers, I've also got an agu head sat around but it needs a new stem seal on cylinder 3 so i've been lazy and not sorted it yet, might have to now though! If its possible to get that from revo i'd be stunned aand very happy, pretty sure my turbo is 100k old and with no wm and stock injectors i'd challenge niki to geylt much more than 287 lol Incidentally I can get some 440 injectors for 75 if anyone thinks it'll be worth it on a custom map?

Sorry guys but what does "tiv" mapping means.
I read somewhere that it allows the tuners more access to the ecu and more control. But what is tiv lol

Why are you even asking this Russ? If you can't be bothered to go to Niki or Bill for mapping then why bother with the modifications? :)

-

TiV is R Tech's term for torque intervention, as a very quick example the ecu may well be requesting a line of timing like follows -

20*, 20*0*,20*,0*,20*,20*0*,20*,0*,20*,20*

TiV aims to remove the 0* timing that the ECU is requesting within that line to limit torque. By removing that line you will get (when scaled to keep it visible) a smoother power delivery, more torque, more power and better efficiency as a whole because the uncompromised timing isn't spoiling the ride.

Here's my graph from having TiV removed yesterday, quite an improvement.

537251_10151644438500130_1262551684_n.jpg

I think TiV is a phrase R Tech are looking to copywrite actually, not sure what the deal is though.

Last edited:
****** off jardo;) the question was not wethet or not i can be ***** but wether much more would be gained by going to r tech over st 2 revo in that an old k04 will never see 300 regardless and i'm not running wmi or a hybrid. If i was i wouldn't be asking i'd already be there lol I'll give Niki a ring and ask....Been to Bills, only fair to try r-tech as they're all the rage right now

Cannot recommend RTech enough, they did my old mk4 1.8T Golf and it was spot on.

****** off jardo;) the question was not wethet or not i can be ***** but wether much more would be gained by going to r tech over st 2 revo in that an old k04 will never see 300 regardless and i'm not running wmi or a hybrid. If i was i wouldn't be asking i'd already be there lol I'll give Niki a ring and ask....Been to Bills, only fair to try r-tech as they're all the rage right now

The figures mean nothing; its how those figures are made which is crucial.

Revo generic remaps can't be compared to a truly custom map by Niki or Bill, go custom and you won't regret it.

Figures are good, delivery is better.

However, if you already have revo st1, and a local dealer, and it's £50, I see nothing to be lost be trying it, it's £50 and a few quid on fuel, not £350 and £100 in fuel and not having the car for a week.

I'm all for the custom mapping, and it WOULD be better, but for £50 I'd be giving the revo st2 a shot first.

Reactions: A3AH
That'll be a plan:) Being held up by xs power, ordered a DP from them two weeks ago and still not arrived. Getting told now its the last one in the world right now as relentless have run out so anyone thinking of ordering one make sure you ask first or it may take a while lol

However, if you already have revo st1, and a local dealer, and it's £50, I see nothing to be lost be trying it, it's £50 and a few quid on fuel, not £350 and £100 in fuel and not having the car for a week.

I'm all for the custom mapping, and it WOULD be better, but for £50 I'd be giving the revo st2 a shot first.

My thoughts exactly :)

I had stage 1 revo did the supporting mods for stage 2 so for the £60 upgrade fee it seemed silly not to. Plus I got hold of a evo select plus box off ebay cheap so that has allowed me to tinker with the boost and timing setting too.

I am gonna save my pennies now and hopefully later on this year giv e R-tech or badger 5 a visit and get them to get the best they can out of the car and add these new and exciting features

I was in the same boat as you regarding my next map, Badger5 and R-Tech are over 2 hours away from me and I already had Revo stage 1.
I have similar mods to yours bar the manifold. I went for the Revo stage 2 @ £50 and haven't be disappointed.

I'd look at buying Jardo's car if I were you. Especially now the gearbox isn't f*cked.

And your car will still be slow gops :) haha.

atleast it's not gay and unmapped :) but yeah your right it's ****** slow, damn leaks. However, I have a catch can and a wellycooler.. Even a relentless mani ;) gotta fit it though lol.

and jojo.. In faster than youuuuuuuu!

what about the initial boost spike?

Russ RTech isn't that far dude :) me and Jardo will be making the second trip very soon to collect my rocket :) do it, don't give it a second thought dude :)

Lol at Phil! Twas only a few months ago he was going to put a k03 back on til I suggested a k04 now hes bullying me into r-tech!! I've just ordered some exhaust stem seals from TPS for the agu head along with gaskets for the mani and the worlds last DP....Looks like custom it is then. Not that I understand it but I feel I need some of this tivvy thing in my life:eyebrows:

Russ as yours is an S3 are you gonna get an inlet gasket plate that matches the S2 inlet to the larger ported AGU ports?

PS buy them injectors dude :)

I'm not convinced that disabling Torque intervention is what Nick would do, as it's a botch. Torque intervention is a condition that arises when the engine does something that the ECU was not programmed for it to do. Disabling this is not the answer, as it's a fundamental feature of the ECU architecture. Programming so that torque intervention doesn't kick in is how it should be done. In early days of ME7 tuning, disabling torque intervention was the norm as little was understood about the ECU.

To the OP - i would go to Nick rather than the generic map.

Rick