EM TuningBadger5
    Neutral

Status

Whining coming from front passenger side at low revs?!?!?!

Hi guys,

Ive noticed yesterday and today that Ive got a whining noise coming from the front passenger side at around 20-30mph on low revs (usually 3rd gear), though i have heard it around same revs in other gears, comes in gets a little louder then goes as I build up power or speed.

Seems to do it in straight lines, whilst turning small or large circles etc but not on idle?

Any ideas guys? it not the budget cone filter i installed just to go to Ace Cafe the other night is it?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Certified S3 Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    Diff bearings.
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

Then never do them.

Neutral

Status
    I wonder if this and the fact that I'm getting a crunch every time i change 2-3rd at higher revs is linked?

Fortunately I have warranty on the the car, issue is it only covers £500 or £37ph labour.

Certified S3 Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 Es View Post
    I wonder if this and the fact that I'm getting a crunch every time i change 2-3rd at higher revs is linked?

Fortunately I have warranty on the the car, issue is it only covers £500 or £37ph labour.
    Sounds like it could be related, worn syncros maybe. If you have got a warranty I would suggest taking it back and showing the fault and asking them to change the gearbox fluid. If it has swarf in then I think you know the answer.
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

Then never do them.

Neutral

Status
    Been down to see my mechanic today, 2nd to 3rd shifted fine, even though I gave it the beans so bad my mechanic nearly screamed as he climbed the seat reach for any handles he could find and it didnt whine once. I then dropped the poor sod off at the garage and on the way home it whine every time between 25 and 30mph the slower im acellerating the louder and longer it whines though always clears out by 30 or if i give it some more gas? Im going to pop back tomorrow to try and get the gear box oil drained and see what's in there.

Guessing this isn't going to be simple and warranty isn't going to cover near the cost is it?

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Wouldnt have been better replicating the noise, rather than spanking the car and scaring the mechanic?....

Neutral

Status
    Thats what I was trying to do lol! but it only crunched before when I was giving it the beans, the whining is at slow speeds, which I did try as well but it would do it?