S3 rear calipers

Pontio

Reaction score
Hi guys, looking for a pair of S3 rear calipers. Does any1 have any there looking to get rid of? would they look the same as my 1.8tq ones just wider?

no, i have solids on the rear. thats why i want the s3 ones. do you know if they look the similar?

Pontio,

Heres some info for you

1.8TQs have rear calipers and associated caliper carriers with a 41mm piston diameter acting on a 239mm x 9mm thick solid disc

S3s have 38mm piston diameter rear caliper (with i presume) a different caliper carrier acting on 256 x 22mm ventilated discs

If you want to upgrade to S3 rear setup then you can just source the 38mm calipers and carriers and its a bolt on solution. However, part of me wonders whether an S3 rear caliper CARRIER would work in conjunction with the existing 41mm diameter caliper of a 1.8TQ, while using the associated 256mm ventilated discs. My rudimentary knowledge of brakes suggests that even though its only 3mm difference and the rears do 20% of the braking at best...surely its better(and cheaper) to use the larger diameter piston caliper.

Anyoneelse care to comment.

jojo has been doing some research.lol yep i have ecs front and rear and thats why i need the other calipers.
How do you know anyway? lol

[ QUOTE ]
jojo has been doing some research.lol yep i have ecs front and rear and thats why i need the other calipers.
How do you know anyway? lol

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been monitoring Ebay - big brother is watching YOU! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif