bonnet pins on A3/S3

stevegti2

Reaction score
hi has anyone fitted bonnet pins to the front plastic panel with sucsess ? i want to loose the centre catch and get some locking flush pins normally on cars with a metal slam panel this is easy just wondering if plastics strong enough ?

thanks

I would have thought it's pretty tough mate, the standard catch only locates onto the plastic slam panel anyway.

If you do it, I'd use large plates / penny washers under the pins to spread the load a bit, but otherwise, go for it!

I want to fit some flush fit aero catches on mine, but I can't bring myself to take a drill to my carbon bonnet!

I like the flush bonnet pins, go for it and put some pictures up after :)

im gonna get the flush ones that lock i was going to use a 1 -2mm sheet of alliminium on the top of slam panel in the corners and rivet it through the panel alos using the large splined bolt that holds the panel on as if all the rivets were to ever some how rip off that bolt would be a back up :)

prawn i thought of large washers but wasnt sure if that would be enough ill update soon enough

p.s were is that carbon fibre bonnet from ill cut holes in it if ya like ? :)

steve

rally design merlin motorsport or the easiest ebay

Thanks for that, had a look a while ago (bit half hearted right enough) and couldn't find anything decent, knew someone must sell them :)