EM TuningSky Insurance
    Reverse Gear

Status

W ( 2000) A3 tdi temp gauge problems

Hi all,
    I've just joined the forum and thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Dougie, I live in Harlow and I've just bought my 3rd Audi. A 2000 ( W reg) A3tdi 110. full service history, runs a treat but had got a bit of a scabby door! Anyway, I wanted to sak for some advice too. The temperature gauge was behaving erratically for a few days, going from 60 to 75 or 80, then staying there for a bit, but today it went all the way down to 60 and stayed there! The car heats up fine in the morning and doesn't overheat, so I replaced the CTS today with the new green one. Now the bloody gauge seems to be dead and won't move off cold at all,but the car still heats up ok and the heater works perfectly. Could it be that the actual gauge is knackered? or does it have to be reset or something? Any advice would be most welcome.
    Regards, Dougie

2. # ADS
    ADS

Yorkshire & Humber Events Mod

Status
    Could be thermostat pal.....

Mine did similar with the temperature readings on my S3 and after replacing the thermostat myself, it now warms up and stays on 90 as it should.
    Only cost me £30 which was thermostat, sealing ring and coolant from Audi and took me 1.5hours to fit as its a pain to get to the S3. Plus I fully drained coolant from drain plug on the radiator.
    ***2000 Audi S3 8L APY***
    * Milltek CATback * Milltek 200 Supercell Sports CAT * SuperChips SRP Stage 1 Remap * Forge 008p *
    * 18" Audi TT 240 Sports Alloys in Gunmetal Grey * Pagid Discs with BD Predator Pads *
    * Badger5 v2.2 TIP, Jetex Filter with Heatshield * N249 Delete * N112 Bypass *
    * PowerFlex ARB Bushes *
    ~ Soon to be fitted: s3dave Adjustable Control Arms ~

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/signatu...pic65622_5.gif

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mark_S3 View Post
    Could be thermostat pal.....

Mine did similar with the temperature readings on my S3 and after replacing the thermostat myself, it now warms up and stays on 90 as it should.
    Only cost me £30 which was thermostat, sealing ring and coolant from Audi and took me 1.5hours to fit as its a pain to get to the S3. Plus I fully drained coolant from drain plug on the radiator.
    Hi, many thanks for the reply. I guessed the thermostat might be knackered, but I thought the gauge would at least show something as in just hover off cold or whatever. It was working this morning until it decided to die! I will attempt to fit a new thermostat over the weekend, and I have been told it's a pain to get to!