Badger5JMB Retrofits
    imported_vishal

CAN U BELEIVE AFTER 6 WEEKS MY BABYS STILL HERE!!!

Hi All,

i placed a post a few weeks ago to ask u guys what my S3 was worth, and you all agreed with me on the price specified!!! Now havin dropped another 500!! Shes still here!!!! If anyone could give me a logical answer, would be very much appreciated, just a quick reminder,

I have a 2001 S3, Silver, Black Leather, Unmarked throughout, Ali Mirrors, Centre armrest, BOSE, bluethooth phone prep, only 44.000 miles!! Im asking for 13,500, but 13250 would secure a sale for me, im in central london, dont you think this price is aggresive??? Or have i totally lost the plot!!!

Your help with this one is much appreciated boys!!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status

Re: CAN U BELEIVE AFTER 6 WEEKS MY BABYS STILL HERE!!!

Price of petrol and how many mile to a full tank they do took me2/3 months to sell mine

1st Gear

Status

you could always try dropping it way down (say 2 or 3k) just to see if the phone rings. if you do get a call you can always tell them it was a typo?? but it might be that just at the moment everybody is looking at diesels becasue fuel prices are in the headlines!!

Neutral

Status

Why dont you give ebay a go allways cheaper then the autotrader thats where i sold mine

Slowest car ever round the Top Gear track?!?

Status

Plates have just changed, the market's awash with used cars, and it's the end of the holiday season. So people are either on holiday or have just come back and have no money left.

Sorry, worst time of year to be trying to sell a car! The housing and job markets are dead at this time of year too!!

Best of luck.

imported_monkeytrousers

I'm afraid the used car market is dead at the moment. I suspect there are other similar S3s available for a lower price so you're missing out.

I have decided to keep mine for at least a couple of years (I normally replace cars more frequently), enjoy it loads, and see what happens to the market.

For me, the S3 is the perfect combination of looks, quality and performace, MPG ain't bad for the power either.

Do you have to sell right now?

6th Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Plates have just changed, the market's awash with used cars, and it's the end of the holiday season. So people are either on holiday or have just come back and have no money left.

Sorry, worst time of year to be trying to sell a car! The housing and job markets are dead at this time of year too!!

Best of luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

DITTO

Reverse Gear

Status

Audi S3 quattro
    1.8 Petrol 3-door Hatchback
    6 Speed Manual Four Wheel Drive
    Year: 2001 Y
    Mileage: 44,000

Part-exchange Price:
    Excellent condition:

Average condition:

Below average condition:

These are Glass's guide prices. A dealer would give 11.5 to 12K for your car, so I would expect private interest around 13K.
    There's no hidden reason for not selling a car, all you need is patience and correct pricing.
    Don't panic and sell to a dealer. Good luck !